Virgin brass vs. once fired.

Didn't read all five pages.
Likely you didn't harm it with your annealing.
When you sized, did you full size, or just neck size / shoulder bump?
Regardless, virgin brass vs sized brass, you're dealing with a completely changed case that will affect your harmonics.
Shoot it, bump it, find your new accuracy node with the x fired brass.
Like the few replies I read, drop your powder a grain or two and work up to find that sweet spot.

A question to other shooters here, after just 2-3 firings, I'm finding some (~20%) of my Peterson brass is giving no resistance in the primer pockets. None are falling out on firing like I see in Federal brass, but I was hoping to get more life out of my 7/08 and 284 Win Peterson brass.

Years ago I purchased 150 virgin Lake City cases in .270win. I loaded up a few and all seemed great till I tried to chamber a round at the shooting bench. Hard bolt close. Not every round, but some of them. With a concentricity gauge, I found right out of the bag some cases were not concentric. I full-length sized a few that were found to be non-concentric and they chambered fine. I sent a batch of "bad" brass back to Lake City and they agreed and replaced the entire 150 cases. So now I run a concentricity check on all virgin brass because I got bit once years ago. And I clean and FL size all of it. By doing this I found a batch of brass that had flash holes that were grossly off-center, I kept breaking depriming pins. I never have a *** moment setting in a stand with Mr Big Rack in my scope.

Regardless, virgin brass vs sized brass, you're dealing with a completely changed case that will affect your harmonics.
Like the few replies I read, drop your powder a grain or two and work up to find that sweet spot.

A question to other shooters here, after just 2-3 firings, I'm finding some (~20%) of my Peterson brass is giving no resistance in the primer pockets. None are falling out on firing like I see in Federal brass, but I was hoping to get more life out of my 7/08 and 284 Win Peterson brass.
What primers were you using, not European I hope.

Same thing, the primer pocket feels loose in the Pederson brass after just one firing.

The load wasn't red hot but it was the top load in the Nosler manual fir the virgin firing. Maybe pedersen undersized this batch a little?

Recent Posts