Vihtavuori powder

No, nothing unusual about VV powder compared to other modern smokeless powder.
They make single base and double base powders that are competitive with the same versions from other brands.
Several VV powders are considered best in class, so I don't understand where those comments are coming from.

No, nothing unusual about VV powder compared to other modern smokeless powder.
They make single base and double base powders that are competitive with the same versions from other brands.
Several VV powders are considered best in class, so I don't understand where those comments are coming from.
They stated the older the powder gets the hotter it gets

The 500 series
Double base powders means that instead of just nitrocellulose they add nitroglycerine. Nitroglycerine adds energy or "heat" to the combustion that can add pressure, wear, and heat. But that is true for all double base powders.
They stated the older the powder gets the hotter it gets
There can be some truth to this in terms of how powders can age as the solvents outgas over time.
Again, this isn't unique to VV powders and true for all brands to some degree.

I'm looking for some that would be good for 7mag-7prc.
Then I would check the published recipes and give it a try. If folks are trying to talk you out of VV as a brand, then they are being silly.

Their numbering system is a little different, but not hard to understand.

A 1XX is a single base, a 5XX is a double base.

Then I would check the published recipes and give it a try. If folks are trying to talk you out of VV as a brand, then they are being silly.

Their numbering system is a little different, but not hard to understand.

A 1XX is a single base, a 5XX is a double base.
Yep.
You the burn rate chart to find what will work in the desired cartridge.

N-555 3750 KJ/Kg
N-550 3950
N-560 3900
N-540 4000
N-570 4000
N-140 3600
N-170 3700
N-150 3790
H-4350 3900
Varget 4000
H1000 3780
H4831 3850