Venison sausage.

No way I can compete with some of the above.
Simple
10 cups chopped up venison
4 cups chopped up pork fat
coarse ground black pepper , 2 tbsp
crushed red, 3 tbsp
cayenne, 1.5 tbsp
file, 1 tsp
thyme, 1 tsp
sage, 2 tbsp
Grind coarse first, mix all, grind fine and package.
There is nothing wrong with that! Sausage is the makers craft!

That's a bunch... good guy.

At the height of the war in Afghanistan I had dry sausage and slim jims made from 3 deer I harvested down by the border. I sent 14 USPS large flat rate boxes to a certain 1st Shirt to stuff his grunts' backpacks with the treats when they went outside the wire. Even their interpreters chowed down on the 50/50 pork/venison. What they didn't know, didn't hurt them
Bamban that was cool of you to do that.A simple taste of home!

That's a bunch... good guy.

At the height of the war in Afghanistan I had dry sausage and slim jims made from 3 deer I harvested down by the border. I sent 14 USPS large flat rate boxes to a certain 1st Shirt to stuff his grunts' backpacks with the treats when they went outside the wire. Even their interpreters chowed down on the 50/50 pork/venison. What they didn't know, didn't hurt them
As many other former service members can attest that small things like this means a lot when you are far from home!
You are a good person and great American Bamban

As many other former service members can attest that small things like this means a lot when you are far from home!
You are a good person and great American Bamban
Thank you for the kind words.

For remembrance one of the units I sent boxes to sent me these.

20220725_084912.jpg
20220725_084734.jpg

I do it too bamban,I forget to look at the dates more times than I can count!
I'm proud of you for sending soldiers supplies.I never thought of that and should have.
When the weather cools here in Montana the sausage season starts and I am getting seasonings ready.

Thank you for the kind words.

Speaking of sausage, have y'all done any bear meat sausage How does it compare deer?

This CO 2nd season, when I buy my OTC I may get a bear tag. Just looking ahead in case I get lucky.

Last edited: