Velvet deer photos

Two whitetails from Friday night - not too shabby. Hoping to find a little bigger.

IMG_5090.png

Here is the biggest deer I've even had on camera. I watched him grow from a wide short tined 8 pt buck to a NJ monster.. I had the pleasure and excitement of hunting him for 9 years to no avail. But the excitement of him were beyond exciting thinking/dreaming of the possibility of tagging him. I think he died of old age or yotes, and never showed up in the nj books for trophy deer. I have my little spot that not many if any hunt so it's my little piece of public land.

Just click on the picture to zoom in and see better. A stud of a buck

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241009_171615_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20241009_171615_Photos.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Here is the biggest deer I've even had on camera. I watched him grow from a wide short tined 8 pt buck to a NJ monster.. I had the pleasure and excitement of hunting him for 9 years to no avail. But the excitement of him were beyond exciting thinking/dreaming of the possibility of tagging him. I think he died of old age or yotes, and never showed up in the nj books for trophy deer. I have my little spot that not many if any hunt so it's my little piece of public land.

Just click on the picture to zoom in and see better. A stud of a buck
That's a dandy of a buck!
Trail cams are great for buck management. Before them if a decent legal buck came near he was toast but once you get a picture or two of the big mature bucks that you thought were non existent it's easy to pass on smaller bucks.