Varget -CFE 223- 6.5 Staball or something else.

Idahobuckeye

I'm looking for info on what May be the best powder for the following calibers 243 , 223 and 22-250. I want to buy a jug before the election. I mostly shoot light bullets in them for predators as fast as I can get them accurately. My priority is the 22-250 going fast with 50-65 gr bullets. I think varget may be the best all around but slower in the 22-250 and 223 than say staball or cfe 223. Barrel life is not really a concern. Would love to get other opinion or info maybe there is something I'm missing. Thank you!!

I'm looking for info on what May be the best powder for the following calibers 243 , 223 and 22-250. I want to buy a jug before the election. I mostly shoot light bullets in them for predators as fast as I can get them accurately. My priority is the 22-250 going fast with 50-65 gr bullets. I think varget may be the best all around but slower in the 22-250 and 223 than say staball or cfe 223. Barrel life is not really a concern. Would love to get other opinion or info maybe there is something I'm missing. Thank you!!
As with anything else, YMMV. Specifying bullet brands will help narrow the options and yield more relevant responses.

Staying with light bullets,temp insensitive,winter, summer and run very well in progressives machines...Benchmark.

Staying with light bullets,temp insensitive,winter, summer and run very well in progressives machines...Benchmark.
what kind of speed would one expect to get from benchmark. I'm Normally not a speed freak on my bigger calibers but when we call and you don't have time to range or dial the faster/flatter the better. We do not save hides. Say with a 55BT

I'd probably say Varget for versatility. I've never found it the best powder for any 1 of my rifles, but it is very versatile.
Agreed it's not the fastest but shoots good in about everything I've tried. My 53 vmax and 22-250 did not like it but I just swapped on a new custom barrel so may try it again. I also like I can shoot my 308 with it too

1.) H-4895 IF YOU CAN FIND IT
2.) Varget
3.) CFE-223-

Recent Posts