US forest issues kill order for feral cows in New Mexico

Well the going rate per hour for hunting guide in the US

Wages run from..14 - 22 per hour plus potential bonuses there is some variation of course.

US Beef processor wage per hour $15.53 on average experience matters.

If you just do the hours, you spend a mountain of money, then fuel, licenses, food in the tummy cost it out like a project for bid.

It's not cheap, when you break down the costs and do an honest assessment.
If you put a price on hunting then you really don't have a true understanding of what it's all about.
I don't spend a mountain of money on anything, because I don't have any money.
I have to do the very best with every penny I have and have had to be this way my entire life, my choice not to chase the money ladder? Yep 👍. I have spent my entire life serving my country and the people so in the end I am poor when it comes to money. Therefore I learned at a very young age to do things myself as much as possible so I don't have to pay someone to do it for me, working on any kind of vehicle, hunting, meat processing, farming, and everything I can do.
I do not ever count my time sitting in the stand hunting as a hourly job, it's my time to watch the world as it's supposed to be and that to me is priceless, no way to put a value on such things regardless if I choose to harvest a animal or not.
What I know how to do is all passed down to my children and grandkids and anyone else who wants to learn, again, things that you can never put a value on because once you have the knowledge and you do it yourself it's priceless. 🤷🏼‍♂️

If people want to argue government waste and how hunting to fill the freezer is cost effective ...then you have to sit down and honestly cost out the whole thing.

You can't have it both ways, you can't combine it .

You choose to do it.....

Then how can you claim fault if the agency looks at the variables and cost to results and finds that solution A wich cost X and can be done in 2 years versus B which cost 5 times X and may not work at all and won't meet the mandated time frame and may still result in adopting solution A.

That is why I am saying you have to honestly look at what it costs, before you second guess a decision.

It doesn't cost the Government one red cent, when they do things it cost the people who pay the taxes. That's the part you are missing.
You can try to put a price on whatever you want, but when you try to validate what the Government does with the peoples money you are going to loose every single time

So you would rather the Government set up a permit system that won't work, that wastes money, then revert to the professional cull?

Instead of just Doing the Cull in the first place?

If people want to argue government waste and how hunting to fill the freezer is cost effective ...then you have to sit down and honestly cost out the whole thing.

You can't have it both ways, you can't combine it .

You choose to do it.....

Then how can you claim fault if the agency looks at the variables and cost to results and finds that solution A wich cost X and can be done in 2 years versus B which cost 5 times X and may not work at all and won't meet the mandated time frame and may still result in adopting solution A.

That is why I am saying you have to honestly look at what it costs, before you second guess a decision.

Would you happen to be a government agent. Work for the govement, part of govement or whatever. Asking because you think the govement should handle things.

The govement is not cost effective in anything they do. But you push hard for the govement to do it.

So you would rather the Government set up a permit system that won't work, that wastes money, then revert to the professional cull?

Instead of just Doing the Cull in the first place?
They are going to waste money no matter what they choose to do, that's my point.
The very best try could do is make it a kill on site, no tag, no license, no season.
Anything other than that is they are wanting to blow tax payers money and/or trying to make a buck on the taxpayer.
If they are serious then they would have a open season for anyone who wants to participate when it isn't during any other big game season.
Tax payers aren't burdened, they aren't abusing the tax payers and the problem will most likely get solved. 🤷🏼‍♂️

If I was a government agent or worked for it, I wouldn't be on this site.

But , as soon as some one tries to argue logically the posts turn into one's accusing such, isn't that odd...

Should I start slinging...would that be fair and bring the levels down equally?

If you put a price on hunting then you really don't have a true understanding of what it's all about.
I don't spend a mountain of money on anything, because I don't have any money.
I have to do the very best with every penny I have and have had to be this way my entire life, my choice not to chase the money ladder? Yep 👍. I have spent my entire life serving my country and the people so in the end I am poor when it comes to money. Therefore I learned at a very young age to do things myself as much as possible so I don't have to pay someone to do it for me, working on any kind of vehicle, hunting, meat processing, farming, and everything I can do.
I do not ever count my time sitting in the stand hunting as a hourly job, it's my time to watch the world as it's supposed to be and that to me is priceless, no way to put a value on such things regardless if I choose to harvest a animal or not.
What I know how to do is all passed down to my children and grandkids and anyone else who wants to learn, again, things that you can never put a value on because once you have the knowledge and you do it yourself it's priceless. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Well said.
Time in the woods is priceless

Would you happen to be a government agent. Work for the govement, part of govement or whatever. Asking because you think the govement should handle things.

The govement is not cost effective in anything they do. But you push hard for the govement to do it.
Exactly, I have been part of the Government most of my life and I can promise you don't want them in any part of it if possible

But , as soon as some one tries to argue logically the posts turn into one's accusing such, isn't that odd...

You miss read the post. But that's my fault. I left out the "?" marks.
I asked a question. Didn't accuse you.
So why would you get offended about a question???

The logics is hunters will do it on their own dime. Government will do it on everyone's dollars.
Your logics is the hunters should work, so the govement has more money's to waste.

Seriously??
Your argument is at a deadend.
When you let the government get involved with anything it's going to cost 100 times more than it should

Go back to 234 and reread that and the other attendant post, because it certainly isn't what I said about hunters needing to work for governments to have more money to waste.

The whole post stated out about how the Government was wasting money by starting out with a cull instead of either making it open game or issuing a permit, I tried to stay on thread. Not cherry picking a particular post and making it about something else

You want to get personal, I'm resisting, I wondered why I quit posting and attending this site years ago, now I remember why.

Go back to 234 and reread that and the other attendant post, because it certainly isn't what I said about hunters needing to work for governments to have more money to waste.

The whole post stated out about how the Government was wasting money by starting out with a cull instead of either making it open game or issuing a permit, I tried to stay on thread. Not cherry picking a particular post and making it about something else

You want to get personal, I'm resisting, I wondered why I quit posting and attending this site years ago, now I remember why.
Maybe it's me that missed something, if I did then I apologize

@shaughn
What the government should do is put a, kill on site, or a bounty on them. Let the hunters take care of them. That would be the most reasonable logical cost effective route to take. But that's not the government's way. Nothing logical about government.
I doughty that the bovine are doing anymore damage to the environment then any of the other critters roaming the forest.