UPS has officially stopped shipping guns?

AC300RUM

I tried to ship an action from my local UPS hub yesterday, and was told they no longer ship guns or gun parts from non authorized shippers. I knew they had changed policy last year, but individuals where still able to ship to FFL's. That is no more. The person at the counter apologized profusely, but said corporate UPS will hold their hubs responsible for violating policy if they ship a gun or gun parts containing a serial number. They gave me a copy of the policy and it's pretty clear they are done shipping for individuals and any business they haven't "approved ". It also sounds like the approval process is arbitrary at best. Ammo, brass and projectiles will be next I'm sure.

My local gun shop charged me $95 to ship to a gunsmith, then when the gun came back they wanted me to fill out a background check for it...

Not only that, that gunsmith ordered a barrel, muzzle brake, and trigger parts when I dropped the gun off to be shipped, instead of waiting, the gunsmith actually got the barrel and all the other parts before that place even shipped the gun, the smith emailed me and was actually worried.

The shop charged that much money and sat on the thing for a month or so with no reason whatsoever.

The shippers bailing, then gun shops acting like that... we're doing a good job of losing.

And another thing, an FFL I commonly use wouldn't ship, said with what's going on he's not shipping anything. He's not a store though, just a guy with an FFL.

And another thing, an FFL I commonly use wouldn't ship, said with what's going on he's not shipping anything. He's not a store though, just a guy with an FFL.
Gunbroker, some large internet sellers have lists of people in your area willing to do transfers. One would think they would help out on shipping too. Customer gained, or kept thing.
That said, for the last 2 yrs I really evaluate my purchases, my days of owning a gun for 1yr and selling it may be over.
Our UPS hub shut it's doors to shipping w/o an account, now this if true puts a damper on individual sales.
Edit: I was looking into getting a UPS account, haha, no longer

Against the LAW to do that plus you lose your firearm UPS has no responsibility because it was shipped against the UPS Policy. Very Very bad advice there. Look up the ATF regulation and you will see the issue here.
Are you still under the impression the LAW applies to everyone equally in supreme true justice? You still think you live in a "Free Country"? That's good, "Tax slave" keep up the faith...