Upgrade or new build??

bahabill

I have a Cristensen Arms MPR chassis in 300 prc. have had it for a couple years and having a hell of a time getting it to group any better than 1 inch.
I reload all my guns so my technique is adequate as i even got my ridgline 6.5 prc shooting 1/2 inch all day.
so my question is this...
Are CA actions worth keeping as far as their quality of actions goes??
Should I just buy new barrel ? and if so which one is good with that action??

OR should I just build from ground up as i have barrel vises and wrenches to do so anyway....
Looking to possibly go 7PRC?

any advice would be greatly appreciated guys!!!

What has brought you to the conclusion that the problem may lie in the barrel? What have you done to the rifle to attempt to resolve the issue? If rebarreling, would you reuse the existing chassis?

I have no experience with Christiansen rifles, but a little more info will help members give better information.

I have tried several different powders, a different scope, made sure everything is tight, way too many different bullets. Like I said, load developed for 6 different riffles I have and all shoot 1/2 to 3/4 inch very well. I have over 300 if not more rounds down this rifle and never happy with the results. Really just wandering if the action is good quality to build off of or should I upgrade it all.

To be honest. Really don't need to sell. But was looking at the Zeus action and proof barrel . Probably a McMillan stock being I live in Tucson and their right up in Phoenix. Already have the TT triggers just would need bottom medal.

Recent Posts