Updated info in post#99 Preferred Barrel 6mm Creedmoor help

Have you checked for stress in bedding? If so and no stress, then I would look at other bullets, maybe go up to Berger 115gr I have read they are a good combo in the 6 Creed or maybe 109gr Berger Hybrid.

Great info, I wouldn't have thought to use 4831. Is this a 24 inch barrel you have?
The 6 creedmoor has always "seemed" Finicky for me…
I have found a sweet spot with 115 Bergers or DTACs going 2950-3025 fps with a charge weight of H4831…
I use Erik Cortina's method now with jamming the lands and backing off .020" and find a decent SD and use tuners from SAP…
And I did get burnt out trying to find that magical tight group…
If it hits consistently at distance I just go with it…
The 115 Bergers work fantastic on cow elk for hunting… They hammer game…

Thanks but this guy doesn't want expensive bullets, just deer and steel , his first custom gun…i feel bad for him.
Huh?? Custom gun but won't spend an extra $10-20 on a box of bullets? I shoot the 105-115 Bergers in mine with a PBB 7 twist. Super accurate. 105 Hybrid Bergers shoot incredible, actually all the Berger Hybrids shoot well and work well on game also. I've had some issues with ELDX/ELDM and finding a sweet spot before and some rifles just don't like them. Good luck!!

Last edited:
I bought an expensive barrel made by a well known manufacturer. There was a break in procedure in the box. I called and talked to a tech rep and got his opinion. He said that they include a break in procedure because everybody expects one. He told me to clean the barrel to make sure that all manufacturing residue is removed. Then he said to sight it in, Clean it with a wet patch of good copper removing solvent. Never use a metal brush of any kind. He said that it might alter the lapping. He said if, you used a brush to only use nylon brushes. He then said to shoot and don't do another thorough cleaning until accuracy started to decrease. STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH. This was not the first manufacturer that told me similar things. Another manufacturer told me, "you are breaking in the throat. The only way to do that is to shoot it."

Have you checked for stress in bedding? If so and no stress, then I would look at other bullets, maybe go up to Berger 115gr I have read they are a good combo in the 6 Creed or maybe 109gr Berger Hybrid.
Yes, I checked the stress and the bedding by taking this action Barrel combo to several different chassis set ups and there was no improvement. I then took my 6BRA rifle which shoots .3 and put it in this stock and it shot .5
Gentleman desires a hunting bullet and doesn't want to spend the money on expensive bullets because he also shoots at steel a lot

Just my 2c…..It seems like the op
is trying to merge MOA with minute of deer
If you spend close to $4000 on a gun, you want to shoot sub minute of angle. If it was only for the pure purpose of bringing home meat then he would've bought an off the shelf Rifle . he wants a rifle that shoots small tiny groups so when he shoots steel he can go out to further ranges that he would normally hunt.

Last edited: