Twist for 270 Weatherby?

I know of 3 customs a full inch off.
From which manufacturer? I have used Lilja, Hart, Bartlein & most recently Brux from your side of the pond and 2 Aussie companies, Maddco & TSE. All have been spot on.
I have a Ruger tang safety 270 that is not the advertised 10” twist, it’s 11 1/4” as best as I can measure.

Cheers.

YES 8 at minimum. i just got my 7 twist winchester rechambered to 270 BEE. at 8 you can use the best bullets and unlock the best round out there.

use 165 to 170. the 175 TGK is a sham and dangerous.
What makes you say the 175 TGK is a sham and dangerous? Can you elaborate on that a bit?

My vote is to go 1-7. I build a 27 Sherman mag 27" and I have shot as low as 140gr accbonds up to 160gr t-rexs.
Thanks for the input.
I feel that is too fast a twist for the 270Bee, I’ll only be using the ABLR and possibly the Barnes, as no other bullets are imported here and it is too expensive for me to import them.
Divorce, losing your business and property makes you look at money differently…

Cheers.

Thanks for the input.
I feel that is too fast a twist for the 270Bee, I'll only be using the ABLR and possibly the Barnes, as no other bullets are imported here and it is too expensive for me to import them.

Cheers.
Hang in there!!!

Thanks for the input.
I feel that is too fast a twist for the 270Bee, I'll only be using the ABLR and possibly the Barnes, as no other bullets are imported here and it is too expensive for me to import them.

Cheers.
Yeah in that case 8 twist will be fine. Sorry about the bad **** man, I hope you have better luck here real soon.

From which manufacturer? I have used Lilja, Hart, Bartlein & most recently Brux from your side of the pond and 2 Aussie companies, Maddco & TSE. All have been spot on.
I have a Ruger tang safety 270 that is not the advertised 10" twist, it's 11 1/4" as best as I can measure.

Cheers.
My Douglas .375 Match Grade was ordered specifically as a 1-10" and is 1-11" +. The other 2 weren't mine, but major manufacturers. Although I've lost a few brain cells, and don't recall which. Reliable folks though. One has since passed I think it was a .270 Wildcat. If I get together with the other fellow, I'll refresh memory.

What makes you say the 175 TGK is a sham and dangerous? Can you elaborate on that a bit?
i shot a few 175TGK in my barrel with .100" length to the rifling with 24n41 at a starting load. it overpressured and locked the brass in the chamber. i shot the second TGK after i pressed it .100" further and the pressure dropped to managable levels.
as i said i called the sierra engineers and they told me in my EAR that it is designed for 6.8 western only and has a lot of drag from the long bearing. evern with my freebore and .200" jump it was just acceptable pressure.

so i might know. i tell you to load it and give it a go. see that happens.

if you folks remember early barnes bullets, they could overpressure easily and ruin a day.

there are other bullets that fit the bill and dont have drag issues. IMO stick to them and maybe there will be heavier .277 to come. i hope so.

i shot a few 175TGK in my barrel with .100" length to the rifling with 24n41 at a starting load. it overpressured and locked the brass in the chamber. i shot the second TGK after i pressed it .100" further and the pressure dropped to managable levels.
as i said i called the sierra engineers and they told me in my EAR that it is designed for 6.8 western only and has a lot of drag from the long bearing. evern with my freebore and .200" jump it was just acceptable pressure.

so i might know. i tell you to load it and give it a go. see that happens.
I used it in 6.8W handloads. I t was ok on accuracy, but never shot any animals with it. Your information is good to know.

Recent Posts