Trouble with chambering reloads

Annealing could be the issue as well. Trimming is another one but first if you don't anneal that brass will eventually spring back and not bump and size correctly and second get you some good brass

I trimmed every case, all of which were 5/1000 under the spec in the book of 2.015. Now they are now trimmed 10/1000 under those specs. 2.005. Will complete the Neck Prep and the loading this morning, and report back, Thanks to all of you!!!

I bet its the shoulder/body junction...a very little change there stops that case from seating in the chamber....

Hey everyone, Thanks to all your excellent advice I have prepped 19 matched Win cases just now. These cases which previously had the shoulders bumped back, have now been trimmed to 2.005. That is 10/1000 under the book spec. Neck prep completed. All 19 cases now allow me to close the bolt and open and extract the Empty cases, easily . I find it interesting that the same cases , loaded 6 times, in the same manner , suddenly become completely unable to chamber or extract correctly . It went from easy to requiring a mallet be used to tap open the bolt. Final note. The cases that had bases that measured at or near the book speck of .470 were harder to open the bolt and extract the case. However , the prepped cases that measured .466 at the base, allowed for very easy opening of the Bolt and case Extraction. This could mean ( Maybe ) the shoulder bumping was not ever necessary, and the issue was FL sizing was really needed to correct base diameter. Thank you everyone. I'm going back down to load the cases now.

It is my opinion, that the additional shoulder bump had nothing to do with the cases being able to be chambered. I'm quite convinced that fully sizing the brass resolved it.

I've had the same issue with my 1903A3, and brass fired through it, a 1903, and M1. The RCBS FL die, even with cam-over wasn't sizing the base enough to allow the bolt to close.

Ok. The final report ! Made up 18 rounds . Every every round chambered snd extracted easily ! Thank you all for your excellent advice and suggestions !

The third and last thing I did was reduce the base diameter by 4/1000. And that allowed the cases to be easily chambered and extracted ! I reseated the same 115 Grn. Berger flat base target bullets to a COAL of 2.815. Which most Manuel's call. Max ! The bolt opened and closed effortlessly!! Perhaps trimming the cases was not a necessary step !! It's perfect now and I'll measure all cases after firing them !!