Tough way to go out. Mountain lion attack

Sad story.
Colofornia is voting this fall to stop hunting the cats, ie cougar, bobcat and lynx. All the Californians and New Yorkers who have moved here have brought their stupid ideas with them. They think they know better how to manage wildlife than the educated professionals! I guess next they will perform their own surgeries because they are obviously smarter than the trained doctors!
Colorado use to be a great state to live in, but no more! Only wish I could move. Stupid new gun laws. Stupid new wildlife laws. Most everything here is managed by ignorant fools. A sad place to end my outdoor life in.
Would like to call out the same thought when it comes to women's health care and conservative states.

That's not the same at all. Managing wildlife and killing a baby because you more than likely couldn't keep your legs closed are two different things.
I'm leaving morals aside; women are being forced to carry non-viable fetuses and put their health and ability to reproduce later on at risk instead of having a medical procedure to fix the problem right away because of stupid laws passed by people who don't understand the consequences of their actions. Just take a look at the exodus of OB-GYNs from Idaho to see the outcome; that is going to affect every pregant women in Idaho who isn't rich enough to travel out of state and result in more health problems than all the mountain lion attacks in the USA.

Last edited:
The two are not at all the same. Interesting that you say, "women's health care." Why not just come out and say it?
I've replied previously to dfanonymous, this builds on that. I didn't say abortion because abortion laws are restricting womens ability to receive good health care.

Man this thread sure got derailed.
I take great pleasure in pointing out hypocrisy, flaws in logic, and BS (general statement, not saying this thread has all three). It seems like any thread on this site will become a MAGACJ if it continues long enough most my comments end up being left leaning. If it is a thread on a different site about how trans people need to be able to compete in women's sports, I'm going to reply to that BS as well.

I want to point out I'm never the one to start down this path. If people were just saying there should be mountain lion hunting allowed in California I wouldn't have replied. It was a comment about liberals telling doctors how medical procedures should be performed in the future when conservatives are actually doing it right now that caused me to reply.

I've replied previously to dfanonymous, this builds on that. I didn't say abortion because abortion laws are restricting womens ability to receive good health care.
"MOST" of the laws that I have seen would not restrict this if the mothers life is in jeopardy.
I'm assuming most people will agree this should be.
The problem arises when women decide to use this as a form of birth control after the fact instead of actually using one of the large number of actual birth control products available beforehand.
I find it ironic that the names of the clinics are planned parenthood but they take billions of tax dollars doing the opposite.
These are my thoughts on this and like you I will not be swayed away from my position.
Sorry for farther derailment.
My condolences to the family of the victim. Unfortunately this will not be the last mountain lion attack.

The media & special interests group control how politicians operate. Cut these groups off & maybe then we will see positive change in our laws.

"Spending time bantering about things we cannot control is a lot like sitting in a rocking chair. It'll give you something to do but it won't get you anywhere." - Van Wilder

I'm leaving morals aside; women are being forced to carry non-viable fetuses and put their health and ability to reproduce later on at risk instead of having a medical procedure to fix the problem right away because of stupid laws passed by people who don't understand the consequences of their actions. Just take a look at the exodus of OB-GYNs from Idaho to see the outcome; that is going to affect every pregant women in Idaho who isn't rich enough to travel out of state and result in more health problems than all the mountain lion attacks in the USA.
I don't know ALL states laws on the subject, I don't think there is too many, if any, states that are forcing non-viable pregnancy's. That's not "conservatives." That's THAT states policy. As it should be.

I like how taking responsibility for your actions and not opening legs is not part of your "pointing out hypocrisy" especially when talking about stupid people and consequences of actions…

Inevitably I'm sure you would want to bring in the statistically low percentage of sexual assault victims. They do not make up the 90% of abortions you refer to.