Total Shoulder replacement...

I got my previously replaced shoulder replaced last Monday. I had a lot of bone loss and the Doc had his work cut out for him. I had to get a reverse shoulder. 6 weeks in a sling and no physical therapy until out if the sling. Its already getting old asking the wife to button my pants and tie my shoes

I got my previously replaced shoulder replaced last Monday. I had a lot of bone loss and the Doc had his work cut out for him. I had to get a reverse shoulder. 6 weeks in a sling and no physical therapy until out if the sling. Its already getting old asking the wife to button my pants and tie my shoes
I wonder what the reasoning is for 6 weeks of no movement.

the no movement was because of the bone loss and allowing max time to allow the bone to graft on the implant.

I had a total on my left shoulder after a botched Rotator Cuff surgery and then another one to correct it.
Never did PT and started normal work after I got home from the hospital.
Shoulder gets sore every now and again, but I function properly!

Thought I'd check in with all my shoulder replacement buds...:)

My new joint is doing very well, the biggest challenge for me is a tender shoulder after a round of skeet or a few rounds thru my big guns (now a days my 270, 7 Mashburn Super). I used to do enough shooting that I rarely had a tender shoulder IE. the shoulder muscles get pretty sore.

Other than that I'm doing very well, better than I deserve for sure!

I shoot more and more suppressed

Hope you're all having a wonderful summer

Will do, just need to keep at it. Last year I had my left knee replaced as well my right shoulder and had PT for 7 months so this year has been a walk in the park.

My wife drew a sheep tag in the Breaks this year so we're heading out for a couple days of scouting later this week.

On the shooting part, I'm glad that many moons ago I gravitated to our 22/250 and our 28 Charles Daly for 90% of our hunting. I can thank the old Powder Horn guys and Scenar for that influence beginning back in the late 70's.

Update: about a week after the surgery a culture the Dr took from inside my shoulder tested positive for bacteria (low grade infection), which could have been the cause of the premature failure of the original implant. So I got a PICC line from my right bicep to the top of my heart and daily infusion of antibiotics for 45 days. I am now on Doxicyclene for another 6 weeks. The Doxi makes me extremely sensitive to the sun, so much so I'm wearing gloves (I've taken Doxi before for an anti malaria (Iraq and Afghanistan) but never this sensitive to the sun before.