Tikka T3X

WYO300RUM

I bought a new Tikka T3X 300 WM. I don't really know how to put it but very disappointed that the max OAL can only be 3.358 to fit into detachable mag. Bullet is seated very deep compared to my Weatherby Vangaurd (Howa) at 3.484. In load manuals it's shows 3.340 as standard. So unless I single feed I'm guessing in screwed. I haven't yet tried to see how far out I can go before touching lands.
What I don't understand is why a Tikka T3 Lite I have in 6.5 Creed
I Can seat the bullet way out and still fit in the mag.
Has anybody ran into this with a Tikka in 300 WM ?
Thanks

I did the same thing last year.
Picked up a 7RM with the same size box you have. Shots some factory ammo and not impressed. I cleaned mine and put it back in the box. It's setting on a shelf I'm not sure what I will do with it.
Maybe some Tikka guys will shed some light on the subject.

I did the same thing last year.
Picked up a 7RM with the same size box you have. Shots some factory ammo and not impressed. I cleaned mine and put it back in the box. It's setting on a shelf I'm not sure what I will do with it.
Maybe some Tikka guys will shed some light on the subject.
Thank you for reply. I haven't shot it yet. It's going to have to shoot pretty good to beat my Vangaurd.

Just for comparison. Left OAL for Vangaurd. Middle OAL for Tikka the will still fit in mag and right, how for out I can seat the 6.5 Needmore and still fit in mag.

Attachments

• 20240630_101329.jpg
    20240630_101329.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 38
I loaded 4 rounds with the load that shoots great in Vangaurd. I'm going to pull bullets. I'm sure there's going to be more pressure with bullet seated that much further. Start lower and work up to pressure 😉
No necessarily. The huge jump acts like a big freebore and will reduce pressure. Still you need to start low and work up. I would load to mag length and do a one shot ladder find out what your max is. Then back off and try some groups.

No necessarily. The huge jump acts like a big freebore and will reduce pressure. Still you need to start low and work up. I would load to mag length and do a one shot ladder find out what your max is. Then back off and try some groups.
I just pulled. Best load in 2 other 300 wm's was 80.0 grs RL26. in a Vangaurd and a Sako. In Vangaurd I got a 3 shot one hole group. Last to shots opened way up. I'll start at 76.0 grs. up to 80.0.
Good idea. Thank you !
original_6c39d542-ea80-42c1-a2a8-09eae7987c94_Screenshot_20240225_112830_Photos.jpg

Probably sold, but ya never know;

Ad states 3.7" but the action only allows for a max OACL of about 3.5ish