Tikka T3x milti-cal build- advice, and opinions welcome

Well, I appreciate all the input so far!
Maybe the whole switch barrel thing sounds cool, but doesn't really pan out in the "real world".
Are there any out there that have success stories of building a switch barrel setup who love them, and at least now and then swap them out to different cartridges? Even if the build parameters aren't as I described earlier.,

IF,. you Have, a Lot of TIME, on your Hands and a Rifle RANGE ( to Re-Zero with, EVERY bbl change ) in your Backyard,. It's,.. a Great "idea".
Personally, I'd Build Up ( Buy / Modify ) Two, "Matching" Tikka's, One a Magnum & One a Standard Cart that IS, Pleasant to shoot and HAS, Good Barrel Life.
Again,.. JMHO

Last edited:
I went down this rabbit hole it was a fun ride but I got off it and just built two rifles. My only con to switch barrel is the re zeroing the scope after swapping barrels. The reason being if you live a long way from the range. Buy a good scope with an easy zero stop. I used a Leica PRS 5-30x56. I got a great deal on. It plus the little Allen stores in the turret. Makes it harder to loose it. Good luck on your decision.

X2! Something like a Zermatt with 3 bolt heads is cheaper then a Tikka with 3 bolts.
This^^^. Cheaper in the long run and you get a better action. Just may get complicated doing a short action round in a long action to accommodate 6arc and a large magnum.

Recent Posts