• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Thompson/Center Icon Precision Hunter 308 WIN

Jinx-)

I have Thompson/Center Icon Precision Hunter in 308 which I got in the fall, it only had 40 rnds.
I would sell it for 799.99.
You have to provide FFL dealer for transfer.
I would accept money order, western union, official bank check
There are few reviews on LRH done on this TC ICON model :
Thompson/Center Icon Precision Hunter Review, By John Barsness.
and
A Store Bought Long Range Rig By John Johnston

Last edited:
Its great rifle, it has life time waranty and guarantee from Thompson/Center to shoot SUB moa, tested by them with factory 150 gr Federal PowerShock ammo it groups 0.9", with my handloads 0.4" - 0.5". Just .308 with 22" barrel for long-range is more suitable for punching paper, however for mid-range hunting its great!

that's what I get in my local gun shops if I do trade-in on it... I paid 1100 when I got it new and I'm not looking to loose anymore from what I posted...

I just realize that prices had dropped, I wish I knew when I was buying it... Overproduction is factor to blame, market full of them now, when I was buying it there was only one in 150 mile radius to look at... But 600 makes me think that I lost half on my purchase...

I would also strongly blame the rebates they put out on these last fall. They were selling for $850, then a $150 rebate made them $700...tanked the used market on these rifles. Makes them worth just holding onto as far as im concerned. Great weapons.

I think I will hold it for now, I'll try if any of gunsmiths in the area take this job on re-barreling its action, thinking to extend its barrel 26" maybe 30" overall ... Only thing to consider., it will void its lifetime warranty...