They will not stop with bump stocks

Ya know whether you mean it that way or not you sometimes give the impression that no one but you gets it right.
Perception my friend... Take it how you want, but that is never my intention.

Also, this conversation is going two directions, but getting twisted up as if it's the same.

To clarify...

The left is blaming the NRA for the shooting...I am not, because that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I am simply stating that I do not support the NRA, because they have not supported our 2nd Amendment rights strongly ENOUGH for my liking. They haven't taken a hardline stance against the left. Instead, they have kowtowed to them since the 80's.

Now that I've clarified this [again] to the simplest terms that everyone should be able to understand my position, and why I feel that way, let's move along back to a singular conversation instead of twisting up the two.

Last edited:
Have been writing companies that trashed the NRA. Actually got an answer from Best Western today.... the said I "misunderstood" and said "we are apolitical"....They actually think we are stupid enough to swallow that. I wrote back and said that there was no misunderstanding on my part but I could not argue with ignorance.

While you have Best Westerns ear... ask them why they offer discounts to the AARP. The AARP is an organization that lobbies at the state and federal level. Therefore it makes them a POLITICAL organization too. Their lobbying effort actually dwarfs the NRA.

Sad that out of the 81 million guns owners in this country only 5 million are members of the NRA. If all of those 81 million were NRA members, the NBA wouldn't have to bend to some of the political pressure it has too today.

BS talk though is cheaper than money. So sadly, some gun owners go the BS route with tight pockets. Then complain that the NRA doesn't support them in the fashion they would like. $30 bucks a year is cheaper than a box of bullets. Cheap insurance to help guarantee that you will always be able to buy a box of bullets. IMO anyway.

Good point about AARP. I broke off with NRA several years ago when they supported Harry Reid because he was an NRA life member. Wrote them a polite letter to say that. Rejoined a few days ago. Why? Because they show up at places like the CNN town hall when I can't. Besides I would have probably have ended up throwing chairs at people.

Last edited:
While you have Best Westerns ear... ask them why they offer discounts to the AARP. The AARP is an organization that lobbies at the state and federal level. Therefore it makes them a POLITICAL organization too. Their lobbying effort actually dwarfs the NRA.

Sad that out of the 81 million guns owners in this country only 5 million are members of the NRA. If all of those 81 million were NRA members, the NBA wouldn't have to bend to some of the political pressure it has too today.

BS talk though is cheaper than money. So sadly, some gun owners go the BS route with tight pockets. Then complain that the NRA doesn't support them in the fashion they would like. $30 bucks a year is cheaper than a box of bullets. Cheap insurance to help guarantee that you will always be able to buy a box of bullets. IMO anyway.

$30 a year isn't bad at all. The $100 5 year plan is a steal.

Good point about AARP. I broke off with NRA several years ago when they supported Harry Reid because he was an NRA life member. Wrote them a polite letter to say that. Rejoined a few days ago. Why? Because they show up at places like the CNN town hall when I can't. Besides I would have probably have ended up throwing chairs at people.
Yeah, Harry Reid was a piece of work...He was a RINO from the word "go". Just another reason I was not happy with them. I also agree about the CNN Clown Hall...I would have ended up hitting a few with chairs as well, so, can't blame you on that one. I also understand your reasoning for joining the NRA again, however, this legislation is good as done. The NRA gave the nod to Trump after Vegas when they tweeted their support for the ban, so this legislation has been long in the works. Unfortunately, no joining of anything will stop it. I just hope they don't go off the deep end and leave it open to interpretation, by using that stupid term "rate-increasing devices"...Because then we're all screwed, because we all own aftermarket triggers. And if they do use that term, don't think they won't be coming for those next, even though they in NO way make a rifle function anymore like a machinegun than making a bolt-action function like a semi-auto. But the left doesn't see logic, they just want all guns gone.

over and over again

Poster_Obama_Hand_Over_Weapons.jpg

Last edited:
And those students don't realize just how much commie brainwashing they've been exposed to by their teachers. They're just being used as pawns in the left's game to disarm the population. Then everyone will be a sitting target, and schools will be no safer.

Don't shoot AR's anymore so I don't know much about bump stocks except what I read. Is it really worth a fight to keep them? Also don't see how it will stop with an AR ban....I mean a Ruger 10/22 or any other semi-auto would seem to be the next logical step on the "assault" weapon ban.

Yeah, Harry Reid was a piece of work...He was a RINO from the word "go". Just another reason I was not happy with them. I also agree about the CNN Clown Hall...I would have ended up hitting a few with chairs as well, so, can't blame you on that one. I also understand your reasoning for joining the NRA again, however, this legislation is good as done. The NRA gave the nod to Trump after Vegas when they tweeted their support for the ban, so this legislation has been long in the works. Unfortunately, no joining of anything will stop it. I just hope they don't go off the deep end and leave it open to interpretation, by using that stupid term "rate-increasing devices"...Because then we're all screwed, because we all own aftermarket triggers. And if they do use that term, don't think they won't be coming for those next, even though they in NO way make a rifle function anymore like a machinegun than making a bolt-action function like a semi-auto. But the left doesn't see logic, they just want all guns gone.

The above seem somewhat contradictory to me. It's not about conspiracy theories or frantic nitpicking over a particular part or about what is done and gone. It about what is to come.

The above seem somewhat contradictory to me. It's not about conspiracy theories or frantic nitpicking over a particular part or about what is done and gone. It about what is to come.
With the current board of members in the NRA, I don't have much faith in them fighting the left's future attempts any "harder" than they already have been the last 40 years...Which is not nearly hard enough. They need to be hardnosed and tell the left to f-off whenever they start bringing up ANYTHING to do with restrictions or gun control, and start threatening to sue the left again when they start their crap. But instead they dick-around and appease, compromise, each can call it a win and pretend they did something good, and we the people still get screwed a little more each time.

Don't shoot AR's anymore so I don't know much about bump stocks except what I read. Is it really worth a fight to keep them? Also don't see how it will stop with an AR ban....I mean a Ruger 10/22 or any other semi-auto would seem to be the next logical step on the "assault" weapon ban.
No, they're cheap, crappy pieces of plastic, and quite janky, IMO...But it's the precedent it sets that if we can allow something that doesn't affect the internal mechanics of a semi-automatic weapon to be classified as turning it into a "machinegun", then that sets-forth a wide-open interpretation for future administrations to abuse and dictate, and eventually lead to disarming us. It's all a giant chess game, and unforuntealy, Mr. Dealmaker Trump has fallen for this Democrat trap. I sure hope he changes his mind and doesn't sign this, because it's going to cause a string of events that will not end well for the 2nd Amendment or We The People.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.