The Best Rangefinder ANYWHERE

Bunch of surplus Russian military laser rangefinders (non eyesafe) Class 4 were imported into Canada in the late 80's and 90's and illegally imported into the US. They were selling for as much as $5000

They will accurately range 20,000 meters but are non eyesafe, had issues with leakage and illegal as hell in the US.

You can legally own a Class 1, 2 or 3A. The Class 3B and 4 are "military only" and LE cannot even have them. Cannot ever be legally sold as surplus either.

FYI they watch this website and others for people having them and will visit you and confiscate them.

Long story about me getting a visit by Fed agents because a mftrs rep at a military expo heard me talking about one on the internet years ago and reported it.

BH

With that being said, it does sound pretty familiar. I now know why he got rid of it! That's probably been 12 years ago, man was that thing sweet.

After talking to a couple of people on here I decided to take the plunge & get a PLRF10 lightbulb
I contacted Mike Nolan but I couldn't get one out of the States to New Zealand without a ton of red tape so he was good enough to CC my email to Switzland :cool:
I got one direct from them as there is no civillan agent here.
It cost me a bit more but at least I got one :cool:
I also got the optiontional data cable with the trigger on it...but it isn't necessary :rolleyes:
Just by leaning on a post outside work in bright sun, I got readings up to 2550 first time until I tried 2765 but it got it the second time :D, the cool thing about it though was at the same time the best I could get with my Swaro was 1064 & then only 5 out of 8 times & my CRF 1200 1 out of 10, that was the day it arrived & I realised why I had spent so much on it :D

Make no mistake it cost a lot of money...was it worth it...HELL YES
I have since sold both my previous rangefinders.
Recently I got a CRF 1600 for general hunting duties & I'm happy with it :D
PLRFTest001.jpg
PLRF10002.jpg
PLRFTest002.jpg

Is it a bino, or mono, how is the glass quality, weight?I heard the new zeiss RF bino is good, but it is rated for less yardage

How does it range in Bad conditions for ex; snow,rain, fog? My swaro could not get reading in some foggy conditions, it would always hit some sort of wall, and light to medium snow it only reads 30yards, so that is something I am willing to sell my Swaro for if some other LRF can do that?
Elmerdeer

How does it range in Bad conditions for ex; snow,rain, fog? My swaro could not get reading in some foggy conditions, it would always hit some sort of wall, and light to medium snow it only reads 30yards, so that is something I am willing to sell my Swaro for if some other LRF can do that?
Elmerdeer

I have ranged in medium snow to over 800 yards and light rain way out there I think like a mile or so.

Jeff

Broz, How heavy is the unit, will you pack it or prefer something like the Lieca 1600

The PLRF stands for pocket laser range finder.

There's also the Vector binocular version. I'd like to take a look through the Vector IV. It has a 6km ability. The Vector 21 has 12km ability and apparently these are eye safe also. I'm not sure about the 23...

Vectronix > HOME

The PLRF stands for pocket laser range finder.

There's also the Vector binocular version. I'd like to take a look through the Vector IV. It has a 6km ability. The Vector 21 has 12km ability and apparently these are eye safe also. I'm not sure about the 23...

Vectronix > HOME

The 23's range is 23km. I've ranged 13000 meters with the 21's.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.