the + and -'s of shoulder angles

ARlife4me

will or does 1 angle over the other (given same parameters - shoulder angle) give longer brass life and/or less case stretch? besides more powder, what will the greater angle give you?

I know with straighter cases there is less need for trimming, so I assume that means less case stretch. I haven't experimented in any kind of way, I just know my straighter bodied cases need less than the more tapered stuff.

I know with straighter cases there is less need for trimming, so I assume that means less case stretch. I haven't experimented in any kind of way, I just know my straighter bodied cases need less than the more tapered stuff.
nothing like the 22-250rem case the way it's tapered, but a moderately tapered case (say, .001-.003 per inch). going off modern cartridges that have less case taper that either use an AI type shoulder (give or take 5*) and possibly a longer neck.

+ Less case stretch
+ Less frequent trimming. I trim my AI cases about every 7-8 firings vs every 3 for non-AI cases.
+ Less split necks.
+ Extends case life

- Often require fire forming brass.
given it's formed for that particular firearm, correct.

nothing like the 22-250rem case the way it's tapered, but a moderately tapered case (say, .001-.003 per inch). going off modern cartridges that have less case taper that either use an AI type shoulder (give or take 5*) and possibly a longer neck.
22-250 is the worst that I've ever had. Most everything I have now is "modern" and it's a big reason I don't own some cartridges that are considered staples.