Texas silencer company.

I would stick with a large/well known industry leader. I bought a can with QD mounts from a company that went out of business, it sucks. It is much easier for the mfg to do any necessary work on it if necessary.

I would also look at formal reviews/comparison tests. Most everyone says the can they have is great.
I like supporting small businesses in my local economy when I can. I have Eliteiron and Rex Silentium suppressors. Both are ~3 hours' drive from me.

Last edited:
I like supporting small businesses in my local economy when I can. I have Eliteiron and Rex Silentium suppressors. Both are ~3 hours' drive from me.
I too like supporting small and local businesses. The way I view it is that there are some things, like larger expenditures, or those tied to $200 tax stamps and very tight regulations on possession that might warrant a large, well established business model.

The one I mentioned going out of business was Crux. As I understand the owner got crossways with the ATF by not following procedures. There are quite a few people that lost out completely with burst cans, or burst ones sent in for repair that were never returned. His early models had engraving that compromised the strength of the can.

I too like supporting small and local businesses. The way I view it is that there are some things, like larger expenditures, or those tied to $200 tax stamps and very tight regulations on possession that might warrant a large, well established business model.

The one I mentioned going out of business was Crux. As I understand the owner got crossways with the ATF by not following procedures. There are quite a few people that lost out completely with burst cans, or burst ones sent in for repair that were never returned. His early models had engraving that compromised the strength of the can.
I was one of the folks that got screwed by Crux. Busted can and non-delivered can.

Texas Silencer stepped up and did something they didn't have to do. I will not go into details but they are a solid company and the owner is highly active in lobbying for the suppressor industry. He's been to Washington several times testifying in front of Congress and lobbies the ATF regularly.

I went for the quality of their products, not the size of their company.