Texas silencer company.

DustThroughaFan

Anybody here shooting their cans ? Looking for feedback the outrider in particular. Not much out there on this can. Looking for a direct thread can preferably to shoot on bolt guns up to 300winmag.

Also considering the tbac ultra9. The outrider is about the same weight, still Ti, and roughly $400 less.

I would stick with a large/well known industry leader. I bought a can with QD mounts from a company that went out of business, it sucks. It is much easier for the mfg to do any necessary work on it if necessary.

I would also look at formal reviews/comparison tests. Most everyone says the can they have is great.

SilencerCo omega 300 works very well for me!
I've got one. While it's not bad, I'm wanting something a little better for a dedicated bolt gun can. Most likely a direct thread setup. I run the omega on several ar's, usually with the bravo mount mount. Really didn't want to add that to an already long beast.

Meet problem child. With the omega in a direct thread configuration.
20230315_190247.jpg

I don't run the anchor brake , and I use a direct thread rear cap and keeps it, an inch shorter and much lighter! It came with both.
I dont run the brake much either. Although, I read somewhere that the harvester big bore brake would fit the omega ? But, it has a larger od so it keeps the cover from sliding off. If that's true I may buy one. I haven't personally looked into it.

Or I could just turn a bigger flat cap for it on the lathe. I've got a big hunk of 410ss somewhere.

I have one of their Outrider cans. It does what a suppressor is supposed to do. It's relatively light weight, suppresses pretty well, seems well built and points shift is minimal on a Proof Sendero barrel. If I had any complaints it would be the length.

I don't own any TBAC cans so I can't directly compare.

Just now noticed your comment. They are out of stock with silencershop at the moment. But I am on the notification list for a nomadTi. Should ylthey come back in stock before I pull the trigger on something.
Check some other sources for availability.

I have the regular Nomad. It is a superb suppressor. I use it on my 21" 300 WM and it works great. Another good option for what you are looking to use it for is the Harvester EVO. I have the original Harvester and it does double duty on my 260Rem bolt gun and my 6.8SPC AR. Works great for both.
Good friend just pulled the trigger on the EVO after shooting one.

I have a Thunderbeast Ultra 9 with the brake. It has 0 POI shift on three rifles. It rocks! I also have a Griffin GP-30 that is pretty good as well; it's a direct thread and rated up to 300 rum. I have a third from a lesser-known company and wish I hadn't bought it.

Recent Posts