Talk to me about the P14 action.

Calvin45

All right you older wiser fellas who have built your own rigs. And others as well šŸ¤£

What can you tell me about the p14 action? Any of you ever build on one? I've got my eye on somethingā€¦šŸ˜

It's a p14 action with a long heavy barrel of unknown manufacture and an aftermarket laminate stock, converted to a single shot and chambered in .30-378.

The barrel is worn already but if the price is right I'm thinking about it as a future project action and stock. And heck I might shoot it as is. But is this action suitable for prolonged use over multiple barrels with cartridges of this kind of diameter, bolt thrust, and chamber pressure?

Wasn't the p14 just the 1917 in 303??
Basically but it had the larger bolt face so was used for many magnum conversions. I have one I madden into 458 Lott. I think you have a great candidate for a really large cartridge rifle but I wouldn't think it would make the best precision rifle or long range build. It would make a fun big bore bolt gun for close range big game hunting. A 378-460 bee would be pretty cool. Or if your really into power the 475 A&M would be fun.

Attachments

• IMG_2290.jpeg
    IMG_2290.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 6
Basically but it had the larger bolt face so was used for many magnum conversions. I have one I madden into 458 Lott. I think you have a great candidate for a really large cartridge rifle but I wouldn't think it would make the best precision rifle or long range build. It would make a fun big bore bolt gun for close range big game hunting. A 378-460 bee would be pretty cool. Or if your really into power the 475 A&M would be fun.

Right on good to hear.

Heck if you're going for max power on that case size the .550 magnum warrants consideration. Just a straight wall .378 case, 550 cal bullets, 750 grain pills at 2400 šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

Recent Posts