Talk to me about SAUER rifles

They are good rifles for the money. But in New Zealand, there were dozens and dozens of the cerakoted models in the shinny grey stainless that had their cerakoting peeling off.it costed the importer a fortune to get them re coated properly locally rather than sending them back which would have costed even more.

I would not shy away from a 308 with a 1-11 twist unless you're shooting heavier than 180 bullets. My Tikka is 1-11 as is the M1A. My Remington 700 PSS is 1-12 and shoots 175 bullets in .5 groups at 200. The M24 is 1-11.25 etc. I shot this 5 round group with a 1-11 twist. Just sayin'

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 31
I've never actually seen one in person either which seemed so odd to me…anyway reason I ask here is I'm currently the supervisor of the sporting goods department at the store I work at haha…and made an executive decision (though I am not an executive) to order some of these in to sell in the store…one of our suppliers was running a pretty good sale on them and, well, I'm curious.

If the customers don't end up buying them I'll probably buy one, heck maybe two! 🤣
Cakvin45, if I had your job, I'd be deep in debt!! 🤣🤣

Exactly what the title says

Does anyone here have any experience or anything to say good or bad about the SAUER series of rifles, the 100, 101, etc.

They seem like a very well made rifle for not a bad price actually, especially their adjustable trigger system that is NOT just another knockoff of the savage accutrigger.

What say you? Any sauer shooters on here?
I have a 100 in 6.5 CM. It is accurate, short bolt lift, smooth action, great trigger. The barrel is screwed in, not a press fit like so many say. Buy it!

I bought my younger son a Sauer 100 for Christmas last year in 6.5prc. So far with limited range time I really like it. Shoots well, isn't heavy, action is smooth. The 100 models are threaded barrel I read so tou can rebarrel them.

If I could have found 1 in stock in 9.3x62 I would have bought it for sure.

I would 100% buy another Sauer 100.

I can only speak to the Colt Sauer as I have one in 7 mm RM. Because of US embargo, Sauer teamed up with Colt in order to sell them in the US/Canada at the time. At that time a friend tells me that you dreamed of owning a Colt Sauer or a Weatherby because they were the guns of fantasy unless you were very rich.

The bolt design is different in that there have locking lugs on the rear of the bolt that flip up/down when the bolt is turned. This is wayyyyy different then conventional bolts that have the lugs at the front of the bolt.

I can't speak to accuracy only because I haven't taken mine to the range yet since I bought it, but everything I have ever heard is that they are all pretty much tack drivers. Never heard of one that wouldn't shoot.

The sweetest thing on my Colt Sauer is how easy the bolt slides. I don't know what other bolts slide so effortlessly. I swear you could put the gun on the other side of the room and if you sneeze, the bolt will slide shut. It is that slick!!! They had 3 shots, single stack magazines that were made for each caliber of gun. Specifically tuned for the shoulders of the cartridge.

Fit, finish and blueing is gorgeous and I recall correctly... mine was built in 1975. The gun has been hunted with (not by me, but the only previous owner) a lot and yet the blueing is still gorgeous.

It's enough that just because of that, I would like to buy a Sauer rifle but I need to travel basically to the next province over to even see one!!!

Actually Beretta is the oldest gun company I believe as it was founded in 1526.
Read it again. The first Sauer company was founded in 1751 by Lorenz Sauer in Suhl in the duchy of Saxe-Hildburghausen, Oldest gun company still making guns. (in Germany)

See Wikipediae:

History[edit]

The first Sauer company was founded in 1751 by Lorenz Sauer in Suhl in the duchy of Saxe-Hildburghausen, this locality being known as Waffenstadt Suhl in the past because of its many gunmakers. J.P. Sauer & Sohn is the oldest recorded gun maker in Germany.[1][2] In 1815 Johann-Gottlob Sauer started managing the firm; in 1835 Johann Paul Sauer became manager. In 1840 that Johann Paul and his son, Lorenz Sauer created the new name and trademark of J.P. Sauer & Sohn.[1]