Tacoma 100,000miles

Hot648

My 2019 Tacoma is coming on its 100,000 mile mark in the next few months. Besides oil changes and air filters its been great and no problems. Just wondering what suggestions you guys would have on preventive maintenance that needs to be done checked. I like to drive my vehicles into the 200,000 mile mark before thinking of getting a new one.

Next service will probably be new tires and breaks
Thanks

My 2019 Tacoma is coming on its 100,000 mile mark in the next few months. Besides oil changes and air filters its been great and no problems. Just wondering what suggestions you guys would have on preventive maintenance that needs to be done checked. I like to drive my vehicles into the 200,000 mile mark before thinking of getting a new one.

Thanks
Congrats, you have finally completed the break-in process. My 2011 Tundra has over 97K, and I had the timing belt replaced and the transmission serviced a couple of months ago.

The manual should have recommended services.

Last edited:
Plugs will need to be changed, certainly if 4 cylinder. I have 3 trucks, all hitting or over 300K miles. Just be gentle with them, change the oil on schedule, along with filters (including air intake) and todays trucks should all hit 300,000 to 500,000 for gas. My Duramax is another animal and I expect it to be with me until we trip 1,000,000 miles.

4x4?
Have always:
Transfer case and axles every 50K
Tranny 100K including drain of torque converter
Like all have said oil changes on schedule OR if you run hard in heavy dusty conditions then increase frequency.
I use KN air filters and clean frequently
Belts are easy to maintain but overlooked until they fail in aw crap timeframe.
Check your fluids religiously, my dad drilled that into me as kid. Yeah he was over road truck driver so big on maintenance. In past lifetime you always checked fluids when you gassed up or the gas station did it for you! My god how old am I!!😂
Beat them and cut lifespan big time

My 2009 5.7 Hemi Ram 2500 4x4 quad cab 8' box is at 202K and needs qt/3500 miles.

1989 Penn Yan Tournament 212 fishing boat I bought new in 1989 is still running strong with prob 3 lifetimes on 4.3L and outdrive in perfect condition. Take care of any "vehicle" and they will last.

Why wouldn't you do everything to maximize vehicle lifespan? Replacement cost is ABSURD!

The absolute best vehicle I have ever owned was a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the straight six. Like everyone else here said... and I'll summarize, if it uses some kinda fluid... CHANGE IT REGULARLY, oil, Brake, radiator, transfer case, tranny, PS pump, etc.. I had just over 330,000 miles on mine when i got rid of it.. It was still running smoothly and didn't use a drop of oil between changes. But... the transfer case had bearings grinding and it needed front and rear main seals were oozing and the cost to fix all that stuff was way more than it was worth.. The only thing I ever replaced on that jeep besides fluids, was a few oxygen sensors, brakes, rotors, brake lines, and a few light bulbs.. If Jeep still offered that engine, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat..

I have a 1998 Tacoma 4x4 that I bought new and it has 410K miles now. Toyota trucks are all that I have owned and driven since 1989. Regular routine maintenance is all that I've ever done. My current daily driver is a 2011 Tundra Crew Max Limited TRD Off Road. Love the truck!

We have a 2005 Nissan Frontier LE bought on 01/01/05. It has 170,000 on it now. Oil changes 5K with Mobile 1. , trany, transfer case, rear end fluid changed every 60K. Injectors, Plugs & Coils Serp Blet at 100K. Had to change out the (4) catalytic convertors at 130K.
Truck runs good and just need tires $1K in a few weeks.
Won't spend $60k on a new truck. Maybe after 250K miles I'll think about selling it and getting new.

Thanks

Keep do'n what you're do'n…… 200K shouldn't be a problem with a Toyota. Especially if it's not city miles! memtb

We have a 2005 Nissan Frontier LE bought on 01/01/05. It has 170,000 on it now. Oil changes 5K with Mobile 1. , trany, transfer case, rear end fluid changed every 60K. Injectors, Plugs & Coils Serp Blet at 100K. Had to change out the (4) catalytic convertors at 130K.
Truck runs good and just need tires $1K in a few weeks.
Won't spend $60k on a new truck. Maybe after 250K miles I'll think about selling it and getting new.
I bought a ram diesel in 2020 used . Only maintenance is oil and filters at 15k has amsoil extra bypass filter ,fuel filters at 15k and clean k&n air filter .just did front breaks at 100k and transmission and transfer case. Hope to get a 500k break in before any serious maintenance.

Just checked on tires and
MICHELINDEFENDER LTX M/S2

$1,516.92 YIKES!!!!
That's getting off good in today's market. After the mess with the front end on my truck I had to replace 1 of the two front tires the shop covered the other . It was 510. For just one no mount balance or warranty charge . They are metric size 305 something . It's equivalent to a 35 on the stock 20 inch rim . The jeep was 2500 plus for 4 tires 35x12.5x20 . They got you because you need them so the mark up is crazy.