Swift Scirocco VS Nosler Accubond & Elk

We used to use 180 AB on elk. We have switched to 200 AB out of my Dad's 300 RUM. No bad experiences with the 180, just prefer the 20 additional grains for the size of the animal. I load 200 AB's for my Dad still, I switched to a 230 out of my rum, but wouldn't second guess if I had to switch.

Scirocco has a longer bearing surface per weight than does the accubond and usually needs a bit more twist. Outside of that, they perform the same! It's whatever your rifle shoots best or in this day and age, whatever you can get! Good luck!

There are two flavors of the Nosler Accubond The plain old Accubond and the Accubond Long Range. Both perform differently. I've found they will both shoot to a different point of aim and require scope adjustment, Also in my .270win the ABLR required a change in load. I've had them both put down black bear with no muss nor fuss. The swifts are great bullets too. I recommend going with whatever he can shoot a bug hole with. Any of these bullets discussed will do the job.

I have taken several elk with the 180 gr Nosler Accubond and never had a failure nor a recovered bullet.I try my best to aim for the crease so as not to hit bone but on a few I did hit bone but the bullet did it's job.The elk went about 30 feet and expired.
Used a 300 win mag.
Have not used the Scirocco II

That's what is left of a 225gr 338 accubond that came out of my Moose 2 years ago. Hit him in the chest 25 yards front on at 2800fps. He fell over and never moved after that. Just to give you an idea how they preform.

IMG_20211018_164944277.jpg
IMG_20211018_164916236.jpg
IMG_20211018_164909017.jpg

birddog68 I have told myself to look at the dates but get caught many many times.
Keep me straight buddy!
I'm usually fine with dates until one or two decide to reply to a ancient thread and then I will get lured in just like you did.
I'll try to keep you straight but what about me? lol