Swarovski X5.....What are you thoughts on this?

Ingwe

I bought one 2 years ago and I think that it's the best scope that I ever laid eyes on in every way. With the exception of it's bulky turret knob, I think that the scope is flawless.

I even shot it alongside a friends S&B and optically I saw no difference between the two.

So...the reason for my post is that I don't see much written about it here, in the magazines, etc and I don't know anyone who has one. I've seen the Z6 and 8 at range but never another X5.

Am I missing something? Is this scope popular or is it a dud sales wise.

Just thinking...

I have 2 X5i's and love them! One is on a custom 300Ultra Mag and the other is on a custom 6.5-284. Both track very well and of course the glass is Swarovski quality.

How is the durability of the swarovski? I am looking at the z5 for a hunting rifle. What's the difference between the x5 and z5?

How is the durability of the swarovski? I am looking at the z5 for a hunting rifle. What's the difference between the x5 and z5?
I only hunted with mine one year and it held up great. I do not baby mine at all. It was bounced around over some very rugged terrain. I don't think the Z has ballistic turrets but not sure.

I have 2 Z5 scopes with ballistic turrets in 5-25. Used them on elk and antelope and tracked great and held up with no issues. X5 has HD glass and significantly more elevation travel and is a 30 mm tube vs 1". The glass on them is still very good.

I have shot behind 7 or 8 of them. Great SFP MOA scope, and some decent reticles. If it was offered in a FFP MIL version, I would own one.

I have 4 of them. For me they are the easiest to get parallex dialed in and the glass is very good. I have a Schmidt&Bender and I would gladly trade for another Swarovski X5.

Love my X5. 3.5-18 with 4WX reticle. Kinda wish I had the "i" version. It's at a great weight though @28oz, yet still very robust.

The only thing I don't like about it (looks) is the huge turret knob;)

I have 2 X5's in the 3x18. Perfect power range for all around hunting. Name a better scope than this one if you can afford anything. I really couldnt but sold some safe queens to get some optics I love to use all the time.
I only need one now and will trade an x5 for an el 10x42 and then set for life!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.