Survival gear

for pressure bandages a Kotex can literally be a life saver. Having a couple of each in your field emergency/first aid kit is a pretty good idea if you don't have access to prepackaged pressure bandages.

I used the Kotex Maxi on a bad arrow wound, wrapped with ace bandage. We packed kotex in my search and rescue days for trauma.

Worked real good

I used the Kotex Maxi on a bad arrow wound, wrapped with ace bandage. We packed kotex in my search and rescue days for trauma.

Worked real good
Yep, you'd be amazed just how well a tampon covered with a kotex works on penetrating wounds, even gunshot wounds... .

I got some strange looks at times when people got a glimps of everything I kept in my crash bag.

Tons of common every day items have emergency uses one would never think of until being in such a situation.

From all that I have learned from "Uuns' (an old southern red neck term of endurement) I will get me some of the QuikClot spounges and add them to the the ORIGINAL Quikclot black belt-kit that came with my two packages so I won't have to worry about the powders getting in my eyes etc. as well as the pain of application. If however, I or anyone I might come across on the Mt. is bleeding to death, I will do my best with both products and then hit the 911 button and pray. If~n I'm real lucky might even be able to use the cell phone if on top at 10 &11,000'. Done tested the locations 2 years ago-that work.

Good luck and pass the AMMO!:D

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.