Suppressor failure. (No Kidding)

Sweeeeet. Quit hating guys. If someone told me to drop the hammer on 700 rounds why not. Conversation piece. Lol

This is what happens when something goes wrong.

If some of there guys would stop when something doesn't sound or go right they would have been ok.

The moral of this story is to pay attention and if it doesn't look or sound right, don't shoot anymore without having a competent person look at it.

This is also a good example of what can happen if a firearm is abused or fed the wrong ammo.

J E CUSTOM

A good reminder, and my main reason why I don't support what was in the first video. I will never deliberately push any of my firearms to the failure point, nor do I want to be around others when they do. Just because I know a fair amount of first aid doesn't mean that I want to use it, and not everything can be fixed with first aid. Some things there's just no fixing.

I didn't see anything wrong with the video. There were no minors in the area so everyone in the video can make their own independent decisions. One of the biggest problems our country has is the fact that a lot of people want everyone else to live how they see fit and now how others want to live. Only thing I come away from the video feeling is .........jealously

You can find people doing stupid schitt on the net all the time. Just a couple more to put in the dumb *** category...

I watched the Video again to see if I could see anything else going on that didn't look right and I did !!! Watch near the end and you will see
fire coming from the gas system and occasionally from the breach, This is not normal and is a sign that they hurt the rifle.

The next person that fires it may be in for a big surprise.

J E CUSTOM

I've been behind an M-249 before in the Army. They get hot and uncomfortable for the shooter after several hundred rounds. The guy behind the trigger got up and walked away pretty quickly when he was done. I can't imagine he wanted to be there anymore.

I've been behind an M-249 before in the Army. They get hot and uncomfortable for the shooter after several hundred rounds. The guy behind the trigger got up and walked away pretty quickly when he was done. I can't imagine he wanted to be there anymore.

I cant imagine wanting to continue firing with stuff falling of the end of the barrel. I'm surprised that he didn't stop sooner.

Oh well:eek:

J E CUSTOM

well-- calculate:
I found a new m249 barrel on numrich for $290
found the silencerco swr specwar 556 for as low as $432
found linked ammo for as little as .40 c each --so 700 rounds =$280
waste of tax stamp - $200
so for the average Joe this would come at the cost of about $1200 of "wasted" fun money
BUT since this was done by an ssot license holder they don't need to pay for the tax stamp, since they are a dealer of suppressors the suppressor probably only cost them $250-300, the barrel could have been a free-bee take off that they replaced, and linked ammo would be about 20 cents each for dealer cost/buy in bulk prices --so I'm thinking it would cost them $500 or less--BUT its on the interweb and just got them lots of "free" advertising that gained them lots of hits on their website, which gained them business and sales--so in the big picture of things, it was a small drop in the bucket I'm sure

Very well Said!

That suppressor was likely a demo product or one that had been damaged by a baffle strike at some point and the barrel could have been a shot out surplus barrel that wouldn't hold 3 MOA at 10 feet.. The whole video was just done for fun and subscriptions on Youtube which in turn generates revenue. I'd be willing to bet they'll come out ahead financially on this video.
In my mind, it just gives the anti " assault rifle " weirdos an easy to find example of how the average American gun owner is a dangerous, unhinged, maniac that threatens the safety of themselves and those around them.
I know, a way out in left field comment to the mind of a gun enthusiast , but we need to understand that we are being paraded in the media as crazy for thinking its acceptable to own a " weapon of war " in a civilized world . Unsafe shows of excess carnage that is easy to pull up on the average cell phone in civics class at your average left wing taught high school only gets us another step closer to a government buy back ( confenscation ) of any weapon more capable than the muskets used to put food on our great, great, great grandfathers tables.
Over the top post ? Maybe. Food for thought? Definitely!

In my mind, it just gives the anti " assault rifle " weirdos an easy to find example of how the average American gun owner is a dangerous, unhinged, maniac that threatens the safety of themselves and those around them.
I know, a way out in left field comment to the mind of a gun enthusiast , but we need to understand that we are being paraded in the media as crazy for thinking its acceptable to own a " weapon of war " in a civilized world . Unsafe shows of excess carnage that is easy to pull up on the average cell phone in civics class at your average left wing taught high school only gets us another step closer to a government buy back ( confenscation ) of any weapon more capable than the muskets used to put food on our great, great, great grandfathers tables.
Over the top post ? Maybe. Food for thought? Definitely!
I tend to agree with you, but we will never appease that crowd, no matter what. Most do not have the knowledge to ascertain just what components were used to do the vid, we know not all have access to a belt fed.
The vid is 5 yrs old, a couple yrs into the mass craze for suppressors, and everyone likes to know failure points of what they own w/o ruining their own stuff. It was cool at the time, excessive but cool.
I really liked watching FLIR vids of bolt guns firing suppressed, barrel heating patterns, watching the crown of the barrel getting hotter than the first part of the barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.