Suppressor failure. (No Kidding)

How much money would all that cost? Suppressor, barrel, plus ammo? I know that I don't have that kind of money laying around, and if I did, I'm sure I could find better things to spend it on.

How much money would all that cost? Suppressor, barrel, plus ammo? I know that I don't have that kind of money laying around, and if I did, I'm sure I could find better things to spend it on.
well-- calculate:
I found a new m249 barrel on numrich for $290
found the silencerco swr specwar 556 for as low as $432
found linked ammo for as little as .40 c each --so 700 rounds =$280
waste of tax stamp - $200
so for the average Joe this would come at the cost of about $1200 of "wasted" fun money
BUT since this was done by an ssot license holder they don't need to pay for the tax stamp, since they are a dealer of suppressors the suppressor probably only cost them $250-300, the barrel could have been a free-bee take off that they replaced, and linked ammo would be about 20 cents each for dealer cost/buy in bulk prices --so I'm thinking it would cost them $500 or less--BUT its on the interweb and just got them lots of "free" advertising that gained them lots of hits on their website, which gained them business and sales--so in the big picture of things, it was a small drop in the bucket I'm sure

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.