Suppressed 6mm ARC & or 6.5 Grendel

sdakotaguy

Looking to purchase my 1st Suppresser. Majority of my shooting in the last 3 years has been done with a bolt action 6mm ARC. Prior to the 6mm ARC the bolt action 6.5 Grendel was my preferred cartridge to reload, shoot & hunt with.

Suppose I would like to hear from those with experience with suppressing these cartridges with a smaller powder column. Care to offer your experience & recommendations?

Id recommend just getting a .30 cal suppressor, i use my tbac ultra 7 and my dead air nomad ti , on my 6mm arc AR, 6mm creedmoor AR and bolt gun , and all the way up to my boomer magnums and they both work great. My 6mm creedmoor bolt gun (18" barreled bergara) is super quiet with the ultra 7 , my friend over the hill didnt even hear it a few years ago when we were goat hunting in montana.

I shoot 6mm Creedmoor with an Omega 300, it's going to be louder than both cartridges you're talking about. I agree with J-L, just get a .30 cal can that fits in your budget. If you need to make it quieter, buy an end cap in 6.5mm and it'll cut down the noise in theory. I just shoot everything through a .30 cal end cap.

I'd try to stick with a 6-7" suppressor. That seems to be the sweet spot for the majority of cartridges. Most are going to add 10-16 ounces to the end of your barrel. There are a few newer all titanium suppressor that will be 8 ounces or under. My Omega is 14 ounces direct thread and 16 with the ASR adapter. That doesn't include the weight of the ASR muzzle break or flashiders I use to mount the suppressor.

I'd go 30 cal can for sure so it doesn't limit future options. My 6 ARC AR15 wears my TBAC 338 since it's a shorter barrel and what I use while thermal hunting.

I just picked up a bolt action Howa mini 6 ARC and tried my Gunwerks 8ight on it and it sounded great.

Plenty of good options for suppressors, but some of the more popular would be the TBAC line (Ultra 7, Dominus, Magnus, etc).

Love my six arc gas gun with my omega 300 can no complaints at all, with that being said I do run it direct thread with flat end cap to make it shortest and lightest possible.

I don't have a lot more to add to what has already been said other than I would recommend you get one of the lower priced models to start off with. Suppressors are not for everyone. If you get something that is effective, but lower priced (Omega 300 DT, Harvester Evo (now discontinued but some places still have them)) and you decide you don't like it, you aren't out as much as if you spend $1000 on a can and another $200 on a stamp.
That being said, if you have already shot with a suppressor and know you will continue to do so, then I recommend the Dead Air Nomad (not the Ti), the Dead Air Nomad XC, the Diligent Defense Ti (S or L), or the SilencerCo Scythe.

Didn't kn9w the
I don't have a lot more to add to what has already been said other than I would recommend you get one of the lower priced models to start off with. Suppressors are not for everyone. If you get something that is effective, but lower priced (Omega 300 DT, Harvester Evo (now discontinued but some places still have them)) and you decide you don't like it, you aren't out as much as if you spend $1000 on a can and another $200 on a stamp.
That being said, if you have already shot with a suppressor and know you will continue to do so, then I recommend the Dead Air Nomad (not the Ti), the Dead Air Nomad XC, the Diligent Defense Ti (S or L), or the SilencerCo Scythe.
HARVESTER EVO was discontinued. Guess that's why it was such a huge discount.

Didn't kn9w the

HARVESTER EVO was discontinued. Guess that's why it was such a huge discount.

It has been, but there are still some places that have them and are selling them for relatively cheap. I just got one from Capitol Armory and they are still showing as "In Stock" there. Really good value for the price.

Check out the Enticer s or L (or in Ti) from Diligent Defense. The PEW Science data looks really good. An Enticer S Ti would make a great hunting setup with the 6ARC, imho. Usually some sales on them for Black Friday. Currently seeing $688 on the S Ti and $463 on the stainless. I've been trying to keep myself from buying one for a bit.

Diligent defense wolf hunter 6mm can for the 6 arc. DONT use it on the 6.5 grendel though.

I find the recommended Wolf offering quite desirable except a few important details. Dealers are limited in my broad area. Attempted to contact the 4 listed dealers that all are roughly 100 miles from me, None were available to take a call this afternoon.
Talked with the most active dealer in the area to see if they were a non listed dealer. From time to time this dealer does offer the Diligent defense offerings when they are in stock. Not offered at this time due to lack of availability. The question was asked if the Diligent defense offering were user serviceable & the answer was no with a little hesitation. So serviceability & availability may be a concern.

Diligent defense list a minimum of a 19 week lead time.

What I do like is that the Suppressor is light weight & 6mm specific.

Like many here, the Local dealer that does extensive volume Recommended a 30 caliber Suppressor for my use, if I am wanting to have a user serviceable unit.

I'd also recommend a 30 cal can. 6 arc seems to suppress very well. I have a Tbac ultra 5 30 cal on my 6 arc gasser as the cans volume has less back pressure. I've also run my silencerco omega 36M and Scythe on it with very good results. To me the Scythe is the best all around suppressor I've tried. Excellent sound , size, weight, size and recoil reduction. I also wouldn't rule out the diligent enticer or otter creek polonium (6mm).