Stuck Case in Chamber

Yeah I know I'm into pressure but I've ran this load for over 300 rounds and never had any issues that concerned me. But yes after this I will back it down a little. This load shot so good which was why I was ok with the pressure I was seeing.
Running on the ragged edge, you are eventually going to have a problem, and you did. You are lucky all it was is a broken extractor. Load hot if you want to, it is your gear and face, but don't pooh pooh the warnings provided here by saying you got away with it for 300 rounds.

After firing it's .5335 and after resizing .532

Virgin brass is .529
reamer spec is .532 at the .200 line
So if your fired brass is coming in at .5335
Its jamming in the chamber at this spot

I'll guarantee you that not all of your brass is sized down at the base to the same diameter
Unless your using high end dies like bullet central ones, they arent sizing the brass much if any at the 200 line

Last edited:
reamer spec is .532 at the .200 line
So if your fired brass is coming in at .5335
Its jamming in the chamber at this spot

I'll guarantee you that not all of your brass is sized down at the base to the same diameter
Unless your using high end dies like bullet central ones, they arent sizing the brass much if any at the 200 line
Using Redding Type S Match.

@FireFlyFishing factory shot great. No pressures, no hard bolt in or out, and shot .3 MOA.

I think you're right I'm going to start with some new brass. Something is definitely wrong with the brass. I had a few I didn't even shoot cause I had some resistance closing the bolt
I think we're getting it narrowed down here....

It's hard to argue with 0.3 MOA results.

What they said above about the prc chamber is a real deal. You can search for it on here. I'm not sure that is what is causing the pressure spike but it definitely can cause chambering issue. That and the fact that you are way out there on pressure. Even loading long your 200 fps over the powder makers data. Powder makers in general pressure test all their loads. Bullet makers not as much.

Update. I got the new extractor today. I removed the old broken extractor, removed the ejector, and removed the fire control assembly. I wanted to see what my shoulder bump was when removing all resistance. It's what I thought I wasn't sizing my brass properly. A base to shoulder (BTS) that gave resistance was 1.649. I was running all brass at 1.650 or 1.651. At 1.648 the bolt handle would fall under its own weight. So I sized .002 from there and finished at 1.645-1.646. Which seems crazy because that's virgin brass measurements. I feel pretty confident that my mistake was related to sizing not powder charge. Yes this is still a hot load but this should remove my sudden increase in pressure issue.
It's actually a known issue with the 7/6.5PRC at the shoulder/neck junction. Erik Cortina makes a die that will fix this issue......IMO you are still over pressure on the powder charge.