• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Stolen firearms

I'm a computer dinosaur. VPN???
VPN is a data security network:

What is a VPN and how does it work?

VPN (virtual private network) is a technology that encrypts your internet traffic on unsecured networks to protect your online identity, hide your IP address, and shield your online data from third parties. VPNs use real-time encryption and send your internet data through a secure virtual tunnel to minimize the possibility of anyone tracking what you do online.
How does it work? When you connect to a VPN service, it authenticates your client with a VPN server and applies an encryption protocol to all your internet data. The VPN service then creates an encrypted "tunnel" over the internet. That secures the data traveling between you and your destination.

I have VPN and was able to register on Indiana Sportsmen through Facebook so VPN is not a problem. I would definitely register on Indiana Sportsmen and Indiana Gun Owners and post up your rifles as stolen. You cover entire state then.

If the scopes were found at a pawn shop, shouldn't the pawn shop have their info?
They got the guy who brought in the scopes. He's in jail (possession of stolen property). He claims he traded tools for the scopes from another guy. Search warrant turned up nothing. Can't locate the guy who traded the scopes for the tools. So it goes in the world of thieves!

just keeping this visable
Thank you. Despite the theft, this is America and I will not let the uncivilized behavior of one individual or group taint my belief that Americans can overcome all challenges. There is no other country in the world where I could have the freedoms I enjoy and I will trust that justice will prevail, however long it takes. How we can work together is well demonstrated by the support and concern of fellow citizens like those who have responded on Long Range Forum. Thank you to all.

If you wish I could post your first thread posting on Indiana Sportsmen with one of two ways: reply back to your here or contact Terre Haute PD. Let me know if this is something that you would like to do. This is one of those hot buttons for me and whatever I can do to help catch the dirtbag, I am in.

Anywhere you can spread the posting would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure the Terre Haute PD has their hands full with new crimes coming on everyday. Thank you and if you are responsible for the recovery of the items I am more than happy to forward the reward.

Thank you. Despite the theft, this is America and I will not let the uncivilized behavior of one individual or group taint my belief that Americans can overcome all challenges. There is no other country in the world where I could have the freedoms I enjoy and I will trust that justice will prevail, however long it takes. How we can work together is well demonstrated by the support and concern of fellow citizens like those who have responded on Long Range Forum. Thank you to all.
My mom used to say, "if I have to lock the doors, the thieves have already won." She lived to the ripe old age of 89 and never did! She was a tough broad, and wouldn't have minded being described as such! I miss her uncompromising attitude. Good luck with the recovery of your guns.

My mom used to say, "if I have to lock the doors, the thieves have already won." She lived to the ripe old age of 89 and never did! She was a tough broad, and wouldn't have minded being described as such! I miss her uncompromising attitude. Good luck with the recovery of your guns.
Thank you. I spent most of my youth in an orphanage and working on farms for room and board. My lunch was provided as payment for working in the cafeteria. I learned to take advantage of what America offers and became a survivor because I recognized opportunity and hard work, thanks to the many older people who kept me in line. I love tough people.

Recent Posts