Stock for my 700

fishingdude7

I believe they're available in just about any configuration for the rem 700s.The trick is to find it from midway,natchez or some other supplier,as they are quite a bit cheaper than buying direct from HS.That is unless of course you want the stock in a special camo finish or certain length of pull etc. You can see all thier options for the Pro Series stocks at:
http://hsprecision.com/

I bought one through Midway for my 700 classic swift (black,std. barrel channel) and love it.Ill be buying another for my rem model 7 243 in the near future.

fishingdude, B&C is used as factory stock on the Rem 700 Titanium in the carbolite setup. Leaves a lot to be desired. H-S is much nicer. Good luck.

For only $40 more you can get a hs precision pro series stock.They are good stocks. Just trying to help. Thanks trb0

cool yea, i may go with the precision stock, what would it take for fitting it to my rifle, cuz i'm not really experienced in stock fitting, or do u think it should drop right in?

You might look around and see if you can get factory Remington stock that someone took off of their varmint rifle - made by HS Precision and it has the aluminum bedding block in it. You might check with a gunsmith, but I think that your gun would fit right in and would be converted to a BDL at the same time.

Fishingdude,

Your action should drop right in to the proper model of HS stock and bolt right up. With the aluminum bedding block HS uses they say their stocks do not need to be glass bedded, and from my experience the fit is generally quite good. That said.........

If you get an HS stock (or any other for that matter) I would reccomend bedding it. It is easy to do yourself and the cost is minimal. When you get ready to do it, just do a search on stock bedding on this site and you will find lots of instruction. If you have any other questions, just post the question and someone will help you out with the process. Bedding your own stock is a good way to get the first step of personal involvment in putting together your own long range rifle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cool thanks for the imput, I went and bought the HS stock from midwayusa and installed it yesterday, it fit really good and the barrel is free floated the entire way (i can run a piece of paper all the way back to the action). What I am wondering is what is the purpose of bedding the stock if the barrel is already floated?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.