Steamboat springs bear hunting

I have elk hunted near Steamboat Springs and saw some bear sign but now I drew a rifle bear tag and would appreciate any advice, Thanks
I take it you have a fall bear tag, if so I'd try to key in on area's with good berry crops (if they have them, I don't know the area but I do know fall bear hunting). To that, I'd go as early in the season as I could. When you hunted elk was it during the rifle season or archery?

I've seen most of my bears hunting water holes. I have a couple spring fed ponds a few miles above the house that pull bears like a magnet when the berries are good. Years when there's no berry crop up there I see only an occasional small bear there as the rest are down in the valleys where there's something to eat… frequently raiding trash cans

I take it you have a fall bear tag, if so I'd try to key in on area's with good berry crops (if they have them, I don't know the area but I do know fall bear hunting). To that, I'd go as early in the season as I could. When you hunted elk was it during the rifle season or archery?
We hunted elk during archery season. Early season is what i was thinking also before the beries are all gone. I appreciate your help, thank you!

I've seen most of my bears hunting water holes. I have a couple spring fed ponds a few miles above the house that pull bears like a magnet when the berries are good. Years when there's no berry crop up there I see only an occasional small bear there as the rest are down in the valleys where there's something to eat… frequently raiding trash cans
Has it been a wet year in that area? I have been checking out water holes on Google earth, but not sure if there is even water in them this year.

Also, don't over look oak brush areas, where I hunt elk typically during muzzle loading season which overlaps the early rifle bear season, if the acorn crop is good, those bears are gorging on acorns, their crap looks like mounds of skippy peanut butter. I also second what COBrad said about sitting on water holes. When you say you drew a bear tag, are you referring to the September hunt?

No idea about that area but the key to bears is a good water source
They need lots of water!

Also, don't over look oak brush areas, where I hunt elk typically during muzzle loading season which overlaps the early rifle bear season, if the acorn crop is good, those bears are gorging on acorns, their crap looks like mounds of skippy peanut butter. I also second what COBrad said about sitting on water holes. When you say you drew a bear tag, are you referring to the September hunt?
Yes, September hunt