StaBall Match and HD I recently had the opportunity to test these new powders. www.mossyoak.com/our-obsession/blogs/hunting-gear/putting-the-new-stab

The only load that I could compare to a known load was the 204 Ruger loads which gave a little better velocity that Varget
The other loads were simply chosen at random as discussed in the article. I primarily strive for accuracy before worrying about velocity. I have friend who load for velocity first, them worry about velocity.

I hate it when new powders come out and are inflamed with velocities that don't hold truth just for marketing! Superfomance is a big culprit along with 6.5Stabal. VV is about the only one with truth and maybe LRT. I state this on velocity only, not accuracy.

I'm Hitting, Near Max Velocities with, StaBall 65, in a 24", Semi-Custom, 6 XC with, 95 Berg's to 107 gr. SMK's or, 108 Elite Bergers and,..
they ARE,. "BugHoling",.. in the 2's and 3's with,.. THROWN charges !
My 6.5 Creedmoor, is getting OVER, 2,700 FPS with, 143 ELD-X's and, 1/2 to 5/8's MOA from, a Sub 7 1/2 pound, Factory Tikka, Hunting Rifle.
Send that Chit My way,.. I'll pour it, on my Lawn for You guys,.. at, NO extra charge !

Last edited:
I've posted in the HD and grand threads as I've also bought some match and have so many cartridges to try in. I guess I'll start with Hodgdon site for list of cartridges for Grand, HD and Match along with weights per?

If you have bought Winchester Staball match or hd or 6.5 and don't like it and still have it send it to me, I will put it to good use in a poor man's rifle and thank you and god for it,

If you have bought Winchester Staball match or hd or 6.5 and don't like it and still have it send it to me, I will put it to good use in a poor man's rifle and thank you and god for it,
With load development across many cartridges it won't take long to burn up 2# of each. I had the 6.5 for a while, but haven't used any of it yet either.

Recent Posts