Staball + CCI 200 + 300 WSM = success or hangfires?

I used CCI BR2, in 7SAUM, 257 Weatherby and 270 WSM, with excellent results. 190's in the SAUM, 131-133-135's in the Bee and 160's in the WSM. I run Retumbo & Magnum In all three, not much difference that I can tell.
Outlaw6.0 is spot on in his assessment.

So I tried it. CCI 200's, 178 ELDM's, Staball, Norma brass. No surprises. ES was meh but I only tried a couple charges since I didn't have data for that bullet + powder combo. Good thing too, I topped out at 3112 fps which is a little high for this weight class according to hodgdon.

Did you have any pressure signs? Every barrel is different, some are fast some are slow. Your brass will provide you a lot more real time info than the manual will.

t

Did you have any pressure signs? Every barrel is different, some are fast some are slow. Your brass will provide you a lot more real time info than the manual will.

This particular barrel + brass seems to be slightly fast compared to hodgdon data. Brass looked fine, primers looked fine but they're CCI's which I've never seen flatten. The bolt lift seemed a tiny bit stiff compared to other loads but it's a savage so the action is not exactly smooth to begin with so it could be noise. I'm going to back it down a bit if only to preserve brass and barrel life since this will just be a practice load.

And to be clear I love this rifle: the barrel is unbelievably good for a factory product.