Sounds Faster

I am betting plenty on LRH even did this with 2Brl!
View attachment 452604
Imagine if fuel injection came out before the carburetor. I wonder how many people could actually rebuild a carb these days ? There are a few tricks to the trade.
The hum of a 4 barrel sucking air on a V8 was a sweet chorus as soon high school let out. Combined with smell of burnt rubber it was a daily ritual. This brings back some fond memories.
Clorox on the tires. lol
If only they were electric back then...but the country girls were waaay out there...
Long ways on bicycle......not worth it....lol
I peddled miles for a little roll in the hay. lol

My mother couldn't figure out why she had to replace the rear tires on the Pontiac Catalina so often. Then I got used 66 GTO. Stopped doing burn outs when I had to buy the tires. 389 ,electric fuel pump on duel line Holly. Not great on the jump, but between 40 and 80 it pinned you to the seat. If it had better tires to get it off the line it would have been a great red light racer.

My mother couldn't figure out why she had to replace the rear tires on the Pontiac Catalina so often. Then I got used 66 GTO. Stopped doing burn outs when I had to buy the tires. 389 ,electric fuel pump on duel line Holly. Not great on the jump, but between 40 and 80 it pinned you to the seat. If it had better tires to get it off the line it would have been a great red light racer.
The high school car!!, photo's from a 1979 polaroid, not kidding
IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0039.JPG