Some hammer damage

What type of powder charge are you running compared to similar weight conventional core bullets, we took a proven load out of the book 56 grs of reloader 22 along with 58.5 grs of Winchester WMR powder behind 115 to 120 gr nosler and hornady bullets, he's been using both powders for a number of years, with a 10 gr lighter bullet he reduced the powder by 2 grs for the reloader powder and 3 for the Winchester and blew primers in both, all That's on me I was convinced that was going to be fine, the bullets were mine but I'm was not planning on shooting them just yet so I gave them to him to try, I felt I was being more than cautious which certainly proved wrong, so rather than waste time bullets and powder figured I should just ask.
I'm running 60.5g of H4350@ 3835

What type of powder charge are you running compared to similar weight conventional core bullets, we took a proven load out of the book 56 grs of reloader 22 along with 58.5 grs of Winchester WMR powder behind 115 to 120 gr nosler and hornady bullets, he's been using both powders for a number of years, with a 10 gr lighter bullet he reduced the powder by 2 grs for the reloader powder and 3 for the Winchester and blew primers in both, all That's on me I was convinced that was going to be fine, the bullets were mine but I'm was not planning on shooting them just yet so I gave them to him to try, I felt I was being more than cautious which certainly proved wrong, so rather than waste time bullets and powder figured I should just ask.
Be aware, Bean is using Absolute Hammer bullets which don't equate to comparable loads for cup and core bullets, or even for similar weight Hammer Hunter bullets, for that matter. Absolute Hammers are their own unique animal, so to speak.

Be aware, Bean is using Absolute Hammer bullets which don't equate to comparable loads for cup and core bullets, or even for similar weight Hammer Hunter bullets, for that matter. Absolute Hammers are their own unique animal, so to speak.
Thank You, I should have been more specific

I picked up a box of 134's for my 6.5/284. Probably start playing with them next year. Already have Berger Elite Hunters loaded up to start hunting this weekend.

Ok thanks for the replies, what's life without the little bumps, always something new to be learned, although I'm beginning to think the more I learn the dummer I get, again thank you

1635907582208.jpeg

Not the greatest picture and not longrange but hammers performed beautifully up close. 30 caliber entrance with 1 1/2 inch exit. Looked like petals stayed inside. The shot was at a distance of 75 yards and buck made it appropriately 40 yards. The bullet cut through the top of the heart. There was an immediate blood trail each step of the way

Thanks

Buck

That looks about right. I have put down a lot of animals since the op hundreds of animals.
Pigs, sika, hogs, and deer, and elk, Audad. Few more I forgot I'm sure.
Plus the mulie in CO this week. Perfect performance on them. So this pig sure was a standout one. Makes me believe it may have been what I thought it was was bone fragments causing damages