Hammer 124Gr Hammer Hunters Are My Favorite

Zen Archery

Look what they did to this field.
Look what I do to their face!
Watch slow motion portion at end of video to see where bullet and hog material end up!
The Hammer 124gr Hammer Hunters have to be my favorite when it comes to simplicity of reloading, accuracy, and destroying hogs.

g9baml2l.jpg

Great job Ed! Your videos are great. The 124g Hammer Hunter is a great combo between speed and bc for a hunting bullet. Capable of getting 3000 fps in most Creeds. Even your short barrel came close to 3000fps. Nice shooting and thanks for giving your experience.

Was doing a little looking the other day and it appears that the 124g Hammer Hunter has been the biggest seller over the last year for a single item. 6.5, 7mm and 30 cal are pretty close in overall caliber numbers. I think the 7mm has the edge.

Steve

A good video again.

Sorry Steve! Old habits die hard, I see that 160 round nose sitting there, and my mind immediately goes "now that's what I'm talking about".

Maybe a 155 Sledge Hammer to carry for luck in my pocket, until the therapy kicks in completely!

Just bought the 124's as my go to in my 6.5 creed. After 500 yards I'll be switching to the lapua improved or my .375 AM. Although Steve and I were talking about a 180gr sledge hammer out of my lapua improved. Should be very fast flat and hit like a truck.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.