Smokeless muzzleloader barrel?

Where do I find the info on this smokeless ML business

Here's a great place to start! Oh, and by the way…welcome to the smokeless rabbit hole!

IMG_4982.gif

My question was an honest one hoping to gain some more knowledge, but if "Why not & bc I can, about sums that up" is the best you can do then I'll look for knowledge elsewhere. 😉
And though I'm known for my wit & sarcasm, my reply was simply to the point. It too was an honest answer.
I had been shooting a lot with a 1:22 & some with a 1:20 & some with a 1:18 with bullets from 200g to 325g. I had the op to get a good deal on a 1:16 barrel with a #17 contour & the opportunity to do a bunch of bullet & load testing in a twist rate that fast was too exciting to pass up. Hence my orig comment. I only know of 2 guys that have 1:16 twist .45 SML's, until I read this guys post having one.
Thus far I've shot some 250g FTX, 300g SST, 270g NPpp & Fury ST2P 275 & 300g bullets & they've all shot pretty decent to excellent out to 200yds. I do have other bullets here to test as well, but haven't shot them yet. I don't have the budget for Pittman or Parker bullets & though I'm certainly looking for match accuracy out of this gun, I'm not competing with it.
So, there ya go, the whole ball of wax, minus the abrupt sarcasm.

Yeah it's bad 🤣 the rabbit hole is deep
DEEP????? Tell the truth........ there's no bottom to it at all ;)

Just a hint......... Unless your state has a minimum cal. requirement, I'd consider a 40cal 1:14 twist maximum over the 45's regardless of twist. Yeah, I know, there's more available for the 45's, but the 40's did to the 45's, what the 45's did to the 50's.

DEEP????? Tell the truth........ there's no bottom to it at all ;)

Just a hint......... Unless your state has a minimum cal. requirement, I'd consider a 40cal 1:14 twist maximum over the 45's regardless of twist. Yeah, I know, there's more available for the 45's, but the 40's did to the 45's, what the 45's did to the 50's.
Just DON'T. I don't need more pressure to build a .40 for goodness sake. The pull is strong. :)