sig sauer kilo 2000 rangefinder

The Leica 1600 cost more than twice as much and yet it had the same problems. The idea one gets what one pays for is a misnomer. I have proved that with binoculars and scopes.

While its certainly not always the case since the statement doesn't account for innovation, differing customer requirements , point of reference etc., my antenna goes up when a price looks too good to be true. The high end capability of the Kilo 2000 at a $400 price raised my antenna. That's why I'm following this thread and....I will stand with the philosophy.

While its certainly not always the case since the statement doesn't account for innovation, differing customer requirements , point of reference etc., my antenna goes up when a price looks too good to be true. The high end capability of the Kilo 2000 at a $400 price raised my antenna. That's why I'm following this thread and....I will stand with the philosophy.

I sure don't disagree with your antenna analogy and the pricing level of the Kilo. I do think that Sig relealized that they were a brand new player in the optics world and they had to determine how to play in that game with zero % of the market share. Sig started up their optics division by luring quite a few Leupold personnel away.

I have been using Leica since their origin. Also bought one of the first Kilo's that hit the market and have compared them side by side too many times to mention. There are advantages/disadvantages to both units. I have had 2 Leicas go south, sent them in, wait forever and they come back working. My 2 Leica's are now long out of warranty and that is the main reason for me trying a Kilo.

I'm betting on the Sig name and reputation that if something goes south Sig will stand by it. I'm also betting Sig's pricing will creep up by offering updated models at much higher pricing and discontinuing some items that are not appealing to stock shareholders etc. I think their next release will go right after the G7 market.

I purchased one from a member on here in September and have been exceedingly pleased with it. Positive and repeatable reads out past a mile on trees and road signs in daylight and around 1000 on game animals when I can get a steady hold. I've only messed with the 1600b a little but side by side felt the zeiss was a better unit ( limited experience with both) but the Sig has been great for me. Never failed in the backcountry or on a deer at 725 in the middle of the snow. Second battery since September and I use it constantly.

I sure don't disagree with your antenna analogy and the pricing level of the Kilo. I do think that Sig relealized that they were a brand new player in the optics world and they had to determine how to play in that game with zero % of the market share. Sig started up their optics division by luring quite a few Leupold personnel away.

I have been using Leica since their origin. Also bought one of the first Kilo's that hit the market and have compared them side by side too many times to mention. There are advantages/disadvantages to both units. I have had 2 Leicas go south, sent them in, wait forever and they come back working. My 2 Leica's are now long out of warranty and that is the main reason for me trying a Kilo.

I'm betting on the Sig name and reputation that if something goes south Sig will stand by it. I'm also betting Sig's pricing will creep up by offering updated models at much higher pricing and discontinuing some items that are not appealing to stock shareholders etc. I think their next release will go right after the G7 market.

I was quite surprised with the strategy Sig used to enter the RF market. I have been an avid user of Sig pistols for over 20 years. They are premium priced, and perfect in terms of quality, function, and reputation. IMO, lowballing the Kilo 2000 seemed totally out of character for Sig. While they were newcomers to the RF market, I think it wouldn't be too difficult to exploit their reputation, and access the the market space to reach and convince the sophisticated user of long range capable RF's. Hit two websites, this one and Sniper Hide and you hit the heart of the "viable" market. The Gunwerks G7 proved this could be done. At the risk of getting flamed; Putting a business hat on, I think Sig priced the product too low, inducing skepticism and, leaving profit on the table. This profit could have supported a more thorough(and much needed) testing process. If every unit were perfect(like their pistols), and premium priced it at $1000, the real opportunity exists to fill the void of the now discontinued, but performance leading Vectronix Terrapin but at half the price.This would be the high end type of strategy that I would have expected from Sig. Lower, but manageable initial volume, price leader, more profit. Perhaps they will still do this and make your viable proposition of a G7 type follow on positiion more achievable.....and profitable so they can continue to innovate. Just some wild thoughts.

They are going after the G7, it's called the kilo 2400. Check out my post on it. MSRP is around $1,400 and street price is said to be under $1000. Full weather station including baro, temp, humidity, as well as digital compass, bluetooth, and applied ballistics. Comes with tripod mount, wind meter that plugs in your phone's audio jack and links with the rangefinder, and a case. Preordering will be available around January from the long range store.

I think their pricing was a good idea myself, if made it possible for me to own one. If you look around at long range social pages and forums, they are by far the most popular rangefinder at this moment, and you don't have to be white collar to own one, or blue collar that had to save for a year or better. I had been saving for over a year for the G7 when this came out, and due to family and other issues wasn't even close to the G7. I purchased this in last November, and it has worked flawlessly.

For such a huge company as SIG, I see no purpose in gouging the consumer, they have the backing to fund these projects, no need to make the price out of range for the average Joe.

I just picked one up today. What's the groups opinion on "line of sight" measure vs the angle modified range (AMR)?

My thought is that the LOS measure, with the incline or decline angle would yield a more accurate output on a ballistic program.

I just picked one up today. What's the groups opinion on "line of sight" measure vs the angle modified range (AMR)?

My thought is that the LOS measure, with the incline or decline angle would yield a more accurate output on a ballistic program.

Not the group, just one user:

So far so good. AMR has caused no misses or out of wack POIs as far as I can tell.

Based on the reviews , it would appear one would most likely not go wrong in a kilo 2000 purchase. I have had my hands on one and am pretty impressed. That being said , I am coming off of a several years old bushnell elite 1600.
I had been doing research on a new rangefinder when the kilo 2000 first came out and was back and forth between a leica 1600 and the kilo 2000. Price of the sig sauer was pretty hard to ignore, but then I saw that Leica was coming out with a Leica 2000.
All the comparisons between the Sig and Leica rangefinders have been the sig 2000 and the Leica 1600 and ignoring price, it would appear they are pretty much on level playing ground.
However now that leica has a 2000 yd rangefinder , has anyone been able to compare the Leica 2000 to a sig kilo 2000?

Based on the reviews , it would appear one would most likely not go wrong in a kilo 2000 purchase. I have had my hands on one and am pretty impressed. That being said , I am coming off of a several years old bushnell elite 1600.
I had been doing research on a new rangefinder when the kilo 2000 first came out and was back and forth between a leica 1600 and the kilo 2000. Price of the sig sauer was pretty hard to ignore, but then I saw that Leica was coming out with a Leica 2000.
All the comparisons between the Sig and Leica rangefinders have been the sig 2000 and the Leica 1600 and ignoring price, it would appear they are pretty much on level playing ground.
However now that leica has a 2000 yd rangefinder , has anyone been able to compare the Leica 2000 to a sig kilo 2000?

Sig is replacing their 2000 with the 2200MR I believe, supposed to be a 5% or 10% improvement over the 2000 in ranging ability plus has a smaller mill/moa reticle for the same MSRP. Check out the "Sig Kilo 2400 with applied ballistics" thread

Yeah. Looked at the 2400, but it is going to be priced pretty high. I already have applied ballistics on my Kestrel, so not interested in paying for that.
Can't find much of anything on the 2200

That's the way I run mine! and I use the Strelok pro app

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts