SIG Kilo 2400 with Applied Ballistics!!

I've been using 2 of them since April. They work!
The circle is probably 1/3 the size of the Kilo 2000 with the beam alignment definitely in the circle. This is being verified during assembly, which happens to be in Oregon.
This rangefinder has been spot on with 2 6.5 Gaps, 1 6.5 creedmoor, 1 7wsm, and several other rifles I've tested it against.
It is stupid easy to program. Not much different than loading your shooter program and then sending the info via Bluetooth to the unit. It is definitely a game changer.

How's the beam divergence as compared to the G7? Better or worse. I know my g7 struggled ranging elk this year on bright days in the sagebrush.

1.3 mil perfectly round.
I've had no problem using any of the kilos at distance. Once you correctly learn how to use the scan feature, determining target distance vs background distance is relatively easy. The 2400 enhances these features by giving you a smaller reticle, round beam inside that reticle, and 25% more distance.

Ben

How about wind correction? Can you do that on your Phone when its teathered to your Sig?

There are a number of ways to input for wind correction.
For most under 800 yard "hunting" situations with a fast cartridge, I just input 5mph 3 o'clock and sync it. Then I never take my phone out. I know how to do the math to get close enough to change what hold it gives me to a 10mph wind at 4:30... Etc.
For longer ranges or when shooting steel/cliffs/whatever, I can either manually plug in the number and drag the dial on the clock for wind direction, or plug in the windmeter that it comes with to your headphone jack. This will display the current speed. You still need to tell it what direction it is coming from. Then hit sync and shoot.
Hopefully I didn't make it sound more complicated than it is, because it is as easy as you want to make it.
Ben

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161114-144817.jpg
    Screenshot_20161114-144817.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 109
1.3 mil perfectly round.
I've had no problem using any of the kilos at distance. Once you correctly learn how to use the scan feature, determining target distance vs background distance is relatively easy. The 2400 enhances these features by giving you a smaller reticle, round beam inside that reticle, and 25% more distance.

Ben

Do you have any idea what the price will be and when they will become available?

Sorry, had to get the OK to put this out there...
They should start shipping to dealers December 1st with a MAP of $1499. This will come with a molle bag, windmeter, LRI tripod mount with SIG logo, and current rangefinder pouch.
Ben

Sorry, had to get the OK to put this out there...
They should start shipping to dealers December 1st with a MAP of $1499. This will come with a molle bag, windmeter, LRI tripod mount with SIG logo, and current rangefinder pouch.
Ben

So, which dealers are taking pre-orders?

We will start taking pre-orders very soon at the LRH Store. I meet with our Sig Sauer rep this afternoon. I will report on anything interesting I find.

Then in two weeks I will be able to borrow his personal unit so that we can write a feature review article on it.

Stay tuned!

My rep had not received his unit yet so no big news. I hope to get my hands on it in the next couple weeks and I will report back as soon as I do.

He said there is a small number of them shipping very soon and then the big shipments will begin shortly after the first of the year. Our first big order will be near the top of the pile.

Stay tuned for pre-order instructions.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.