Sig 10k GEN2 remote Waypoint Update

elj1973

Just a heads up the remote waypoint feature on the Sig 10k gen2 now works with ONX maps, Apple Maps and Google Maps. You can access this option in the BDX app in settings. Change what map you want to use, range target and at bottom of range page it will ask to send to whatever map you are using in settings. Not sure if its more accurate but worth trying.

Attachments

• IMG_3933.png
    IMG_3933.png
    205.9 KB · Views: 27
I've tried it out with my 10k Gen 2 and OnXhunt. It seems to be highly dependent on the compass readings from your range finder, which is why OnXhunt lets you play with confirming the bearing before selecting save for the waypoint it creates.
Those who have OnxHunt but not a compatible bluetooth range finder can do essentially the same thing. Turn OnXhunt on, use the center on your position function and then go into compass mode to get the phone compass bearing to your target. Then use the range info from your non-compatible bluetooth to set the waypoint using the range scale on your bearing. The second method is what I have to use with my Sig 3K.

The phone compass is supposedly much more accurate than the rangefinder compass. I just use the Onx compass method described above - you hold up phone camera to align with your actual terrain then plug in the rf distance.

Recent Posts