SHOT SHOW Rumors ???

Former CEO & board members flying frequently on their private jet while company goes bankrupt. I'm sure they probably blame most of it on the common worker. Guessing the thought the hourly guys made to much money and they didn't make enough. Savage has got folks working there to. I don't care if I ever buy another or not, but would like for those folks to work for a successful company & be able to support their families.

It don't get no simpler than that. It's always nice to stay positive and hopeful. Cheers!

I guess that is my wish list, that no one else goes under and that the common man can provide for their families.

Last edited:
I MIGHT have to give one of those a try... Any idea on what chamberings?

So far looks like 6 cm, 6.5 c.m, 308, for short action. 7 mag, 300 wsm, 300 win, 26 nos, 28 nos for long action. I did see a Browning rep say 300 rum in an Instagram post, have to wait and see. I'd also like to see 6.5 prc, and 280 ai.

IMG_9990.PNG
Know any info on them yet?

Just what I found on another forum, Burris haven't updated their website, I imagine after the unveiling at the Shot Show there will be a flood of info and results from shooters that have have been testing them in 2018

Just what I found on another forum, Burris haven't updated their website, I imagine after the unveiling at the Shot Show there will be a flood of info and results from shooters that have have been testing them in 2018
Huge field of view for that optic. I wonder if they'll offer their moa reticles. I do like the specs of it! 300 norma is about done, so I need to get optics sorted out soon.

So far looks like 6 cm, 6.5 c.m, 308, for short action. 7 mag, 300 wsm, 300 win, 26 nos, 28 nos for long action. I did see a Browning rep say 300 rum in an Instagram post, have to wait and see. I'd also like to see 6.5 prc, and 280 ai.
.28 Nosler in that rifle has me intrigued. With a $1,299 you know the actual MAP is going to be probably less than $1000. Hopefully they'll have the 1:8 twists.

anybody have any experience with the fieldcraft in general? Good, bad, ugly?

I have a new Fieldcraft in 6mm CM that I'm just working up. I also own one of the failed Forbes rifles in 7mm-08 - the rifle now displaced by the Fieldcraft. The Forbes has its warts, but shoots and carries well. The Fieldcraft, from what I can tell so far, overcame all of the warts and added some welcome improvements (faster twist). It's constructed very well, and weighs 5.2 lbs naked. I'll need a few more days before I can be of any more help.

They already have the reamers, they use the same exact barrels for the 6.5CM and .260 Rem... Why not just keep making both? It wouldn't cost them anything more to just keep making some of them. Even a 25/75 ratio would be fine, just as long as they kept it in production.

Why keep making something that just doesn't sell, especially when the 6.5 CM is so well supported across the industry with factory ammunition.

Finally a smart business decision out of Remington

Why keep making something that just doesn't sell, especially when the 6.5 CM is so well supported across the industry with factory ammunition.

Finally a smart business decision out of Remington
It does sell...Not as much as the CM, thanks to Remington's continuous screwups. If Remington would just give it a f'ing chance, instead of continuing to bring it back, then wipe it out, then bring it back for a short while, then wipe it out again...It would probably do MUCH better than it has been. It was making a fairly strong comeback this time, too. I swear their Fuddy Board of Directors must have been dropped on their heads at some point in their lives...Because nobody can be that stupid...Except maybe Democrats and liberals...But we already knew that.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.