Short Barreled .50 BMG, anyone?

MtPockets

I came across this little gem today.
Can't say I'd have a need for it, but then that applies to most of the guns I already own.

Thoughts???

Attachments

• IMG_20240626_192910.jpg
    IMG_20240626_192910.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 168
I came across this little gem today.
Can't say I'd have a need for it, but then that applies to most of the guns I already own.

Thoughts???
we had a friend & LRH member stay with us a few years ago and he had a lot of .50 BMG. He wanted to shoot 5K. It is people that push the envelope on how we progress in ELR.
He wanted us to build him another rifle because we could chamber up to 2" but it never happened.

we had a friend & LRH member stay with us a few years ago and he had a lot of .50 BMG. He wanted to shoot 5K. It is people that push the envelope on how we progress in ELR.
He wanted us to build him another rifle because we could chamber up to 2" but it never happened.
I've known a few guys locally that have had .50s. I even got to shoot one.
It had a very good brake on it and was fun to shoot.
I would really like to someday get one of Kirbys .458s based off of a BMG.

I was actually going to buy one of those when they first came out. But, when I figured the cost of that (and possible uses), I decided to spend the extra $$ and buy a bolt action rifle instead. I don’t regret it.

There was a company, I believe they were from Arizona, that short uppers for the AR-10. If my memory serves me correctly, they were 18”. Back in 2015, I got a chance to talk to them at the Tulsa show. They moved on to making complete 50’s that wouldn’t destroy the lower. He said they made the first ones for the military over sea. They would get pinned down, and one soldier would pull the upper out of a back pack and take care of the problem. They then progressed to making an affordable 50. I haven’t seen them or heard of them for a while now.