Seekins Havak Pro Hunter PH1

RED MIST

I am looking at the Seekins Havak in 6.5 creedmore or PRC and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Seekins rifles. Others choices were the Fierce edge or Christensen Arms Ridgeline, thanks

I have a ridgline in each caliber your asking about. Both of them shoot great. Handloads in the creedmoor with 140 vlds are .5 moa. The PRC is shooting the factory 143 eldx way beyond my expectations in fact it shoots so well I'm in no hurry to get dies for it. It will consistantly shoot 3in groups at 450 yards.

There is a seekins havak on here that's worth checking out!

Thanks, was not a fan of CA in the past but have hearing a lot of good about the ridge lines and meza. Will have to give them a closer look. Now I have to decide on creedmore or PRC

Last edited:
I have a Havak in the 6.5 CM. Mine is a first edition with the McMillan stock. It is a very well put together rifle with premium components and full action bedding. It commonly prints groups in the .3s with an occasional flier opening the group to .5 MOA with factory 143 Precision Hunter ammunition. My handloads with H4350 and 143s are slightly more precise without the occasional flier. The action bound a little when new, but it smoothed out nicely with use and a little sanding of the feed lips on the Magpul magazine. My Havak is fitted with a Leupold VX-6HD 3-18x44.

My 12 year old daughter used the Havak to put down her first mule deer buck at 640 yards.
Avery Buck.jpg

I also have a Ridgeline chambered in 6.5 PRC. I am currently firing 147 ELD-Ms at 2975 fps. It printed a 2.5" four shot group at 600 yards to finalize load development and it balances extremely well with a VX5-HD 3-15x44 in low Hawkins Hybrid rings. I've had great luck with Christensen Ridgelines straight from the box. The action bedding could be better, but they do just fine with what they have.

For a light rifle, it is very easy to shoot well. And the low recoil allows me to easily spot my hits. It is my new "go to" mountain rifle for deer and sheep.

Last edited:
Thanks, was not a fan of CA in the past but have hearing a lot of good about the ridge lines and meza. Will have to give them a closer look. Now I have to decide on creedmore or PRC

If the primary purpose is hunting, the PRC will give you more capability. If you're primary purpose is volume shooting that doubles as a very capable hunting rifle, go with the Creedmoor. Both perform extremely well with available factory ammunition, although you'll have far more factory choices with the CM.

Last edited:
For hunting only. Have heavier 6 x47 that I shot varmints with. Think I may try the 6.5 PRC in the Ridgeline, thanks

If you end up with a Ridgeline clean it up, adjust the trigger tech, torque the action screws, mount your optic and shoot it. If you decide to skip the break in process you'll be fine. They break in fine on their own. However, just like any new rifle your barrel may speed up somewhere between 50 and 200 rounds. If you aren't seeing expected velocity from the start, don't worry. It's common to see a gain of 50-75 fps when it settles in. My Havak did it too.

Also, consider swapping the muzzle brake for a side discharge brake. You'll be much happier in prone. Christensen offers an excellent one that allows you to tune muzzle rise.

Last edited:
I have the seekins in 6.5prc, it shoots great. As others said the hornady 143 eldx ammo prints a 1/2'' or less group.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.