Seeking empirical evidence to support or refute powder/seating-depth nodes

The outdoor life article didn't make much sense to me- he was looking at charge weight to dial in his accuracy? I thought the point of charge weight was to get your SD as low as possible… how can he think that single digit SD won't shoot better than say 50 SD at 1000 yards? And aren't small sample sizes the most valid thing to track.. if I run threw 30 rounds in 10 minutes I am going to have a very hot barrel and a lot of heat distortion in my scope.

has anyone that shots bench rest and has a rail gun tried this? They track there aggregate score over the course of a full season. I think they error on the side of everything matters all the time. For some reason I don't think I could be competitive in BR if I just bought a rail gun and just loaded a book minimum load and just fire away all season…

has anyone that shots bench rest and has a rail gun tried this? They track there aggregate score over the course of a full season. I think they error on the side of everything matters all the time. For some reason I don't think I could be competitive in BR if I just bought a rail gun and just loaded a book minimum load and just fire away all season…
I know of a couple of F Class shooters (successful ones) that learned some of the reloading techniques from a "Speedy" Gonzalez, Hall of Fame Benchrest shooter. I think there are some parallels but I recall that in some of the interviews that EC has done with Speedy there are differences in how they reload. Slight differences.

I know of a couple of F Class shooters (successful ones) that learned some of the reloading techniques from a "Speedy" Gonzalez, Hall of Fame Benchrest shooter. I think there are some parallels but I recall that in some of the interviews that EC has done with Speedy there are differences in how they reload. Slight differences.
I have seen him and speedy in a couple reloading videos, most of what they say I have seen also in my reloading. I just don't think I heard either of them say that charge weight or seating depth don't matter at all.

No, you couldn't be competitive.
I know a guy who shoots BR, light gun, heavy gun, and has a rail gun, all in 6PPC. He fiddles with loads weekly. Fine tunes before a Match, and during a Match.

I shot his rail gun with his loads he had been tinkering with that day. I had a .08" 5-shot group, and he said, "you need to watch the wind flags to tighten that up".

Right, cause most old reloaders will vote for Harris…mmm, probably not.
1727922913904.gif