Scope for Large Caliber Rifle

docmark

I am looking for advice on a scope for a 375 H&H for Africa. I think I need it to be relatively low power and for sure able to withstand the heavy recoil. Thanks for any and all advice.

The way I see it is there is no need to spend a lot on "glass". I will not need to "look at" what I am shooting. For this scope I will only be interested in durability of crosshairs as suggested

It's pretty darn hard to beat the old Leupold Vari-X III in 2.5-8 .
I have many rounds through my old H&H with it…..then moved it over to my relatively lightweight .375AI. It was still going strong when I replaced it for a higher power Leupold! It is now my back-up scope, I have ultimate faith in it!

I know that they are no longer being manufactured…..but like new used ones can be had very reasonably! memtb

I will say--I have a Swarovski Z8 with a turret on my 375 ultra--it is excellent.

I have a 1x6 huskamaw on 358 Norma it was about $1000 when I bought it. It works good.

I have a 2x scout scope on my 375 weatherby --I've shot it out to 250 yards with it. It was about $275

If I were to buy a scope now--look hard at this:

Or one of the vX6 scopes 1x6 from Leupold.

Ed

Budget is your determining factor. How much do you want to pay?
This is especially true when you have already invested $$$$$ in a hunt of a lifetime or fulfilling a bucket list.

ADDED: This is a lot of scope for the money and is rated for .50 BMG, https://swfa.com/swfa-1-4x24-ss-illuminated-mil-quad-dm-reticle-30mm-1-mil-clicks/

IMG_1996.png

Last edited: