Savage ultralite replacement stock??

I have a VG2 on my weatherby. Like it but wanted to go altitude on this savage… how do they compare since you have both?
The altitude feels a lot more solid and for me it feels better. As mentioned the VG2 has that hollow feeling/sound and it's slick. I sponged on FDE cerakote that gave it a little more texture but it's still pretty slick. I've only shot it at the range so far and no complaints other than feel when shooting with it but haven't taken it in the field. Honestly at the time I got it if those grayboe's above had been available I would have gone with them but they weren't inletting for savage. I got the stocky's because it was kind of a budget build for my son (8 years old) and was quite a bit less than the altitude and was available with no wait. I've used my altitudes hunting and shot an NRL hunter match with one and shooting in varying field positions it's always performed great for me.

The altitude feels a lot more solid and for me it feels better. As mentioned the VG2 has that hollow feeling/sound and it's slick. I sponged on FDE cerakote that gave it a little more texture but it's still pretty slick. I've only shot it at the range so far and no complaints other than feel when shooting with it but haven't taken it in the field. Honestly at the time I got it if those grayboe's above had been available I would have gone with them but they weren't inletting for savage. I got the stocky's because it was kind of a budget build for my son (8 years old) and was quite a bit less than the altitude and was available with no wait. I've used my altitudes hunting and shot an NRL hunter match with one and shooting in varying field positions it's always performed great for me.
How's the cheek weld height on the Alititude? This is the direction I'm leaning. Not overly impressed with my stockies

How's the cheek weld height on the Alititude? This is the direction I'm leaning. Not overly impressed with my stockies
It works for me, usually with a rail and low rings it lines up perfect but everybody is different. They offer one with an adjustable comb but not sure it would be worth the extra money for me.

Trying to decide between these two. Didn't see it mentioned above, but Grayboe offers an inlet specifically for the 110 Ultralight, now.

Do y'all think the Grayboe is worth the extra ~11 oz?

Last edited: