Savage ultralite replacement stock??

Grayboe also does drop in Savage now. Here's some in stock on their 40% off sale. I have multiple Grayboe stocks on my 700 clone builds. I really like them and customer service has been fantastic.

Yeah I have a few of those in my cart right now haha. My only concern with these is they have a special savage ultra lite inlet because of the lug issues relative to the standard 110. I ask them and they said the Ultralight have a slightly bigger lug.

Yeah I have a few of those in my cart right now haha. My only concern with these is they have a special savage ultra lite inlet because of the lug issues relative to the standard 110. I ask them and they said the Ultralight have a slightly bigger lug.
Just open the lug area with a dremel and bed the lug area with a $6 epoxy or JB Weld kit. Super easy DIY unless there's something out of the ordinary with the "larger" lug design. I've actually bedded all of my Greyboe stocks with excellent results.

Just open the lug area with a dremel and bed the lug area with a $6 epoxy or JB Weld kit. Super easy DIY unless there's something out of the ordinary with the "larger" lug design. I've actually bedded all of my Greyboe stocks with excellent results.
Okay I may do that Especially for that at price. I have never held a greyboe stock, how do they feel quality wise compared to stockies or the altitude?

Nicer for sure than a Stockys and I'd say on the same quality of an Altitude but not a Carbon Fiber look like the Altitude. I just now ordered a Trekker to replace a Stockys on my son in laws rifle. Here's some of my personal rifles with Grayboe stocks. The Camo job in PIC2 is a a DYI I did.

The Stockys on my Son in laws rifle has a hollow clunky sound to it on the buttstock, hard to explain but we don't like it. It's getting replaced.

IMG_2179.jpegIMG_1685.jpeg71821484554__3FB3C0A5-F521-4B63-8B11-105F3077FF44.jpeg69134151704__BBCC6B83-EF1D-4FF7-909C-4EE0C3B9EAFE.jpeg69127042591__1EF439D2-297F-4076-ADCE-923C118F0219.jpegNice
68150788034__94DD0FC8-ACA3-4316-9A19-073F9D3AEF42.jpeg

Last edited:
Just as an FYI -- the Stocky's carbon fiber are set up for bottom bolt release and the DBM is the later plastic variety, where the catch is integrated into the clip. Earlier (metal) versions had the catch integrated into the bottom metal, which I have.

I have an utter mess on my bench right now. $500 worth of stock in disarray from trouble inletting. My advice: Do not do Stocky's if you have top bolt release or older bottom metal.

Pay attention to what stock makers are offering. I am kicking myself for trusting my skills to modify. I am a very proficient woodworker, but the skills to mod a CF are different.